Blaster Problem Starting

B

blasterpunk

Hey Guys,
I am new to the whole forum thing.
But anyways i was riding yesterday and i shifted into fouth gear and i was already going slow then i floored it. Well it bogged down and died. I tried to kick it and nothing happened. So i pulled it down to my shed and started to digones the problem. I pulled the plug out and i had spark and the plug was kinda wet so i new it had gas. But when i put the plug back in nothing happend. So i took the plug back out and now im not getting anything no spark. But i am getting gas. Thanks

First and Foremost -- Welcome to BF

well..if your plug is wet, chances are..you fouled it man
does it feel like you have good compressoin when you kick? (is it same as normal to kick, or is it easier than normal?) if it is easier than normal, you could have blown up...but yeah..wet plug = you most likely fouled..

Yea man the comp. is fine.But if it was fouled would it of sparked then stop.

Oh i dont know if this helps but my switch like the run and off switch stoped working about a week ago. Like i would push it off and nothing would happen.

Then with my lights about a week ago. They will fun fine for about five mins then they will cut off.

Also i have a keyless start. Can this be a problem

so..its basically hotwired? uhhh lol
this shouldn't cause you much of a problem.. well, my regular killswitch doesn't work either... i have a tether kill tho...

k, is your TORS removed? if not, remove.. there is a section for that in the DIY (its probably the top thread right now in DIY)

you may have a bad magneto as well, don't remove your TORS if it isn't giving you a problem... but your light problem sounds like a magneto deal

thanks man ill get a plug tomorrow morning. Maybe somewhere is open.

yeah, alright man, no prob, good luck, and if you don't get it, just post back lol, i'll be sure to think of somethin by then..

auctally. i dont havea stock carb. i have one that is like oversized.
I dont know what size. I need someone to go over it and tell me what has been done. I was also told that it was borded over to what i dont know.

I have some pics wanna see

index.cfm

nice pics if it is just general pics of riding, plz stick them in the pics and vids section, and make an Introduction thread as well if you're planning on staying

Yea man the comp. is fine.But if it was fouled would it of sparked then stop.

Oh i dont know if this helps but my switch like the run and off switch stoped working about a week ago. Like i would push it off and nothing would happen.

Then with my lights about a week ago. They will fun fine for about five mins then they will cut off.

Also i have a keyless start. Can this be a problem

yes it could be the spark plug, it also could be the on off switch shorting out.
you'll have to take the housing apart to look down into it.

with the switch not working and the headlights not working it sounds as if you have a real eletrical short .

i'll read the rest of the post and see if you found an answer.

Ok The plug was fouled

So i bought a new plug sunday and it started om the first kick. But i think the reason why it fouled was because my throttle is sticking. I put a carb rebuild kit on it about a month ago. Any ideas why it may be sticking.?