blaster newb!!! what are tors???

it stands for Throttle OveRide System, its a fail safe that is supposed to shut the machine down if your throttle sticks.. but what it actually does is cause untold ammounts of electrical problems once it starts acting up. its best to jsut eliminate it, doa search for "tors removal" and tooons of threads will pop up

Last edited:
it stands for Throttle OverRide System, it is a fail safe device that is supposed to shut the machine down if your throttle sticks.. but what it actually does is cause untold ammounts of electrical problems once it starts acting up. its best to just eliminate it, do a search for "tors removal" and tons of threads will pop up

i correct newbie's mistakes.

but TORS is like the TPS (throttle position sensor) on a car. TORS moniters the position of the slide in the carb. when it does no match the position of the thumb throttle, it will cut ignition. i personally have never had a problem with it, but i still remove the system because i dont run stock carbs. plus it shaves off weight.

i correct newbie's mistakes.

but TORS is like the TPS (throttle position sensor) on a car. TORS moniters the position of the slide in the carb. when it does no match the position of the thumb throttle, it will cut ignition. i personally have never had a problem with it, but i still remove the system because i dont run stock carbs. plus it shaves off weight.

and what mistake did i make?

the T.O.R.S removal procedure is a hell of a lot easier if you plan on upgrading your carb. I upgraded to and 28mm OKO carb and just disconnected the electrical stuff... it was a breeze. I say unless issues start showing up just leave it on