blaster lowering kit

The only pointer I have is, don't use a car intake... HAHA!

No seriously, you need something purpose built for it to fit in there. You want protection from dirt and debris without too much restriction. It could be made without special tools by cobbling together plumbing supplies without too much trouble. It wouldn't look as pretty and it would have a little more flow restriction but it could be done.

If you're not trying to adapt to a larger carburetor throat purchase a UNI filter for the stock box and use it. If you are trying to adapt to a larger carburetor throat and don't have any fabrication skills, purchase a box made for the job. It'll be clean and fit right the first time without trouble.

1286414957.jpg

1286414961.jpg

1286584249.jpg

1286584253.jpg

1286584252.jpg

I didn't order any stuff and I didn't take any measurements. I knew where I wanted the box and the carburetor was already set in place. I went to advance auto parts and purchased a 3 foot stick of 2" exhaust pipe and then to ace hardware for a 24" x 24" of 22 gauge steel sheet.

I drew up the plans on the sheet itself and then cut it with aviation snips. I bent it by hammering it over my vise and bending it with sheet metal vise grips until it was the shape I needed. I turned my welder on 1/4 amperage and slowed the line speed way down until I could weld without burning through it and went to town. I set it in place as I worked checking to make sure it wasn't warping out to where it wouldn't fit and then I drilled the mounting holes in the tabs after it was all built to match the frame holes.

voila! custom 2" airbox with uni pod filter

It's an OKO 30 mil I bought off Ebay from a distributor out of Taiwan. I had it in about 5 days from clear around the world.

I probably could build it but it won't be much cheaper than a CFM aluminum box off of Ebay and they look better. If you're like me and like handbuilt stuff, it can be done. Let me get back with you about the price.

if you have good fabbing skills fab up a banshee shock in the rear, that will lower you about 2inches, personally i would avoid lowering kits especially the ebay ones..lowering kits truly arent designed for doing anything more than TT racing or Ice racing, but of course some guys on here have had some luck using them in other applications im sure, but i wouldnt trust it..honestly you should rather go wider than lower. going low will take away your suspension travel the lil bit a blaster has, going wide you will gain all the wanted benefits and keep your travel,,you cant really go wrong that way