Blaster Keihin PWK 28 Jetting : Need Some Help

snowrider

Feb 7, 2011
Clifford, PA
I'm new to this forum and would like to ask some of you guys for a little help jetting my Blaster. Just picked the quad up 2 weeks ago, fresh top end rebuild has great compression, bored 30 over, Toomey silencer and airbox lid off with uni air filter. Has a PWK28 carb with TORS eliminator, and oil pump block off kit. Starts right up on first kick, but idles high unless air/mixture screw is turned all the way in, which if i attempt to ride like this it floods out. No air leaks anywhere. I am at 1000 ft. elevation and i think my pilot jet might be way too small. Any jetting suggestions? I know some people are running a 145-148 pilot and around a 160 main. Thanks

a 145 pilot? that is huge. pilot should be around maybe a 50.
how about you crack open the carb and see what jets you are currently running.
also clean it out completely.
also check the float height.

I run similar mods on my Blaster, and you can see the jets I use in my sig. 148 main and 50 pilot. Granted, I am 400' above sea level, so these settings will make you run a little rich at altitude, but start with around a 50 pilot and see how it runs. You may need to go down a couple sizes after checking. The engine should idle normally with the airscrew between 1 and 2.5 turns out when you have the proper pilot installed.

Thanks For the replies, guys. I meant to put 45 pilot in my post before not 145 that would be huge haha. Taking both of your advice, I just picked up a new 45 pilot for it today, and a 148 main and now it idles and runs perfect with a nice chocolate colored plug.