Blaster has no spark

"Where is the crank key at? Is it that long piece that the flywheel slides onto. So it can only go on one way?" A woodruff key is kinda half-moon shaped piece of metal. It is in a slot on the crankshaft.

With a key, there is only one way to put the flywheel on the crank, unless you fk it up. I'm assuming you didn't since you said you are a mechanical guy. Some people aren't so talented tho, and knock out the key when putting on the flywheel. Make sure the nut is tight or it will come loose and shear the key once you do get it started.

So, here's the thing. If you have spark and copmpression, it should start right up if you have fuel. Is the spark plug wet? After 5-6 kicks it should be soaked. If not, then it is time to start looking at fuel delivery.

I cleaned out the carb. I aso toolk out the reeds to look at and the look good. I kicked it 9 times and pulled the plug i could not tell if it was wet or not wiped with paper towl and the towl wasnt even wet. So maybe its fuel. But i also sprayed some starting fluied in and there was no difference. And im getting great spark so not a spark issue any more. WTF?????????? Do i buy a new carb now? Or take off the cylinder and look at piston?

OK i have not checked the comression with a tester yet. I will be heading to Harbor Freight tomorow to get one but i put my hand over the hole and there is a realy good amout of air coming out.

I dont think i am getting fuel to the piston,,,, plug is almost dry when i pull it out.

OK i have not checked the comression with a tester yet. I will be heading to Harbor Freight tomorow to get one but i put my hand over the hole and there is a realy good amout of air coming out.

I dont think i am getting fuel to the piston,,,, plug is almost dry when i pull it out.

is the gas turned on? if it is what happens when you pull the line off the carb? if gas isnt pouring out then it could be a horribly dirty petcock

no. its actually pissing me off and its not even my quad lol :D

I know what ya mean Noober. LOL

Cory, at this point my bet is on really low compression. Either that or the mainjet is totally clogged. The thing is, if you were pulling air properly, there would be no doubt about whether the plug was wet because it would be WET. We coulda got to this a page ago but I thought you had tested the compression earlier (thats the prob with following too many threads). I just realized this morning that you had run it for 40+ minutes without oil. Not promising, but the only way to tell is with that tester. Unfortunately, a motor with 10psi compression will still blow your finger off the spark plug hole. I had a blaster that ran suprisingly well with 65psi.

Anyway, check that and the main jet. You already looked at the reeds. If they are intact there isn't much else to do.

In the very first post, somehow I missed it. I thought it had only run for a couple mins, but I was so side tracked by the no spark issue I didn't notice until I reread it. Multiple issues are a biotch.

I can't belive this one is still not runnin. i could have rebuild my whole motor 3 times by now. just messin around with you guys. 40+ min with no oil. i missed that one too at the beginning. maybe he edited it. compression test is a must after that. he needs to split the problems into differnet treads and be very detailed.

i get attached to problems too sometimes. sucks when they just keep goin but the pay off when it gets fixed is priceless. even if it's not yours

You know if this was my quad and not the wifes i would be pissed but you guys crack me up. LMFAO. well i guess i looked over the compression as well cuz it had no spark. As a side note what would the compression be on a good RUNNING quad be.

As for the he edited the first post no i put that in there in the beginning. LOL