Blaster carb keeps overflowing

r700ssc

Jul 23, 2011
My blaster keeps overflowing out of all the overflow pipes from the carb when the fuel is turned on, i have took the carb bowl out and the floats are ok, the needle is not blocked or the main jet, i cannot think what else it can eb any help/suggestions appreciated

also will a carb re build kit for any year blaster overhaul my standard minkuni or is there differences/revisions from years before as the only kit i can obtain to re build the carb says its for a 1999

thanks

Last edited:
it has to be something with the float. check the needle really closely to make sure its not worn. also make sure the float is set to the right height and that the float is not full of gas. theres really nothing else that can cause it to overflow like that.

it has to be something with the float. check the needle really closely to make sure its not worn. also make sure the float is set to the right height and that the float is not full of gas. theres really nothing else that can cause it to overflow like that.

^^^^^^^^^I agree most definetly the float system! Either the float has a hole in it, needs properly adjusted or the float valve is bad! I:I

If you have a needle valve with a rubber tip, some times the rubber will harden and will not seal. Sometimes they look fine but still leak.

Also, it only takes a teeny weeny bit of stuff to stop that needle seating.

Reactions: ebrady
They're all 100% right, check the float and thoroughly clean the hole where the needle attached to your float seats/ goes in. As said before it definately sounds like a float problem !

cheers, i am on nights atm but will have alook in the morning!, just got some nice new land i got permission to ride on so need her using fuel rather than leaking it everywhere, will give feedback later today

the floats must be pulled out to check all of this, as the float valve is underneath the floats themselves
check the floats for fuel inside by shaking them next to your ear and listening closely, or submerge in a cup of fuel and watch for bubbles,

yes, all the rebuild kits will work on all blaster carbs, and include the $50+ (dealer price) float valve for less than $20, i've used the moose brand from ebay with good results

float height gets set to 20-21.5mm measure like this (bend center tab slightly to adjust)..........

4785-float-height.jpg

Hey guys, SORTED :) :) been on it all afternoon, I took the carb apart and took the float needle out and cleaned all that, lots of grime in there, adjusted floats to given height above ^^^^^ thanks for the info. Last question, the float needle was not a tight fit and there was a small ring indent on the rubber of the needle itself, is this normal or will it need replacing soon as I would say its the needle that was causing the leak

Cheers

How the hell can they justify that?

i may stand corrected, that $50+ may have been for my 34mm pj,
a look on cernics.com, my local dealer, shows the blaster float set for $18+
one for a 34mm keihin is $30+

but still, might as well get the whole rebuild kit from ebay, for the same $ as the float valve set at a dealer

Thanks for the link - I bought one! Just hope I do my get hit with the tax for importing the kit as its $30 tax! Should be ok as the value is under £30 :) thanks for all the help, going hunting tonight just hope she holds up!! Don't wanna empty the $21 gas it takes to fill her up here in uk again!