Blaster Bogs at full throttle

Chrisdel2001

Apr 13, 2015
my bike has gone through a lot of ups and downs it recently decided to stop running and i got a lot of help from people on this forum. A gentlemen ended up sending me a size 300 jet, i recently got around to putting it in the carb and doing a carb clean about a week ago. the bike seemed to be flooded from the many attempts to start it so i pull started it with my buggy. it started up and started blowing smoke and bogging like never before (obviously from being flooded) and once all the excess gas/oil was burned it ran like normal i noticed it would sort of bog when i gave it gas and then revved as if it was rich so i started playing with the air:fuel until it seemed about right but i didn't test drive it. The next day i took if for a test drive and it bogged out at full speed and would go very slow, almost like a sputter. I put it in neutral and revved it and it would do the same thing. (rev the lows good and rev the highs bad) I was thinking it might be the spark plug since the amount of smoke and being flooded might have fouled it out to a certain extent. Make the long story short i don't know what to do and need help. And for the gentlemen that WILL say to do a compression test, i already did one and the bike reads at 130. THANK YOU!

why did you put the 300 main jet in
as stated in your other post if you have a stock exhaust that is too much fuel being thrown at it:D

It may pay to adjust the idle as per specs.

Warm the engine up to operating temp!

When adjusting the air screw leave 10 seconds between adjustments so that the engine can respond!

image.jpg

When I put the 300 jet is when it actually turned on I ordered a carb rebuild so I'm going to put the carb back to stock I'd rather have it stock and right then a little more power and never working. And I did adjust the air screw which is what I meant with the Air:fuel ratio when I would adjust the air so the Rpms were highest it would idle and rev the lows perfect until it got to higher rpms then when I would lower it, the lows would bog and it would give the highs more power then bogged again in 3rd gear or so

The airscrew only controls the idle speed and up to about 1/4 throttle, the needle circuit then kicks in and controls up to 3/4 throttle then that is where the 300 main jet does its work!

Set the float level, make sure that the needle and seat is stopping the fuel flow.

Select the correct main jet to suit your engine and mods and perform a plug chop to find out where the AFR is!

The airscrew only controls the idle speed and up to about 1/4 throttle, the needle circuit then kicks in and controls up to 3/4 throttle then that is where the 300 main jet does its work!

Set the float level, make sure that the needle and seat is stopping the fuel flow.

Select the correct main jet to suit your engine and mods and perform a plug chop to find out where the AFR is!
Will do that first thing when I get back in town. I have k&n air filter and fmf silencer with stock pipe so maybe a 240?

oh you have a stock pipe? I sent you the 300 main jet thinking you had a full FMF set up. That would have been around correct with K&N filter air lid off and your elevation. You either need to go down on that jet or what I recommend is to get a FMF header to go with that silencer. It will really livin your bike up.

oh you have a stock pipe? I sent you the 300 main jet thinking you had a full FMF set up. That would have been around correct with K&N filter air lid off and your elevation. You either need to go down on that jet or what I recommend is to get a FMF header to go with that silencer. It will really livin your bike up.
Thanks again for the jet, I've been meaning to buy the fmf fatty but I'm not looking to blow 200 on the bike just yet especially if I don't know how long I'm going to be keeping this bike. The bike runs better with the air lid off too and even better with the filter off (maybe because it's dirty)

Don't ride with the filter off it will do some damage quickly. There's a good DIY on here on how to clean the K&N filter takes a few mins. You can get the K&N filter oil at advance auto for a few dollars