Blaster bogging

Yap all tors system removed, only have that big think in the top off the carb but no cables

:(

Open petcock and clean all things inside them and McLean fuel tank, reassembly all parte and teste gás flow and its OK.

Try to start and idle OK bit wont revs.

Disconnect plug from kill switch/lights to isolante this and bits doing the same.

my blaster was doing the same exact thing.... it feels like it lost power correct? if so this is what i did to resolve my problem. first i cleaned my air filter opened up the carb and my main jet was not all the way turned in which didnt allow enough fuel/gas to get into the motor...i would definately check that out and make sure the float is the correct height.

The air filter (oem) its cleaned and float height reset 3/4days ago as you can see in other pags from picture, set to ~21mm with no gas for overflow.

Main jet its all seat, tryed with 230, 250 and 270 all doing the same thing

Needle moved to middle groove

5.JPG

Does anyone recognise this needle, is it a stock one, my memory is not too good?

5J22 is the jet needle specified in the manual, married to a P6 needle jet.

It looks a too leaner needle for my liking.

Im shure that its original Mikuni needle as i see logo engraved on them, but i can see the complete ref of needle.

Marco, just to experiment, set the clip on the richest (lowest clip) and see if when you open the throttle anything changes.

Open the throttle slowly, not snap it open, try to get revs up gradually.

Marco, just to experiment, set the clip on the richest (lowest clip) and see if when you open the throttle anything changes.

Open the throttle slowly, not snap it open, try to get revs up gradually.

I will do that tomorrow and do another movie trying rev gradually...

In the morning did some test.

Check needle ref and its ok 5J22

IMG_20130926_113328.jpg

IMG_20130926_113400.jpg

check primary and secondary coil from ignition coil and it seems its out off spec...

Its suposed to see 5 to 7 Kohm and i got 12.9 Kohn

IMG_20130926_112137.jpg

In this 1.5 to 1.7ohm and got 0.6 ohm

IMG_20130926_112235.jpg

Didnt try to put needle in rich side as told Blaaster and i see this problem in coil, can be this or if spark plug work in idle its all ok?

Im trying to test another coil and if i dont see anything i will try to rich needle

Installed today new ignition coil and plug cap and its doing the same...not better or worst...

;(

Marco,
Follow The parking break wires from the clutch lever to under the hood and disconnect them at the plug. If you have not already tried. Then try and start it again.

Fred

Fred,my 2002 blaster dont have any wire in clutch lever.

Blaaster, no i do not leak down test because i dont have one. I will see diy leak down tester and try to do my one tester.

2years ago all fine with bike when stopped in a garage :(

A 2 stroke motor standing for 2 years has been known to suffer dry crank seals which can leak air.

Have you checked the exhaust for rodents nests, they just love to build in that little hole.?

i will try check the exhaust, you´re not first that told me this.

Any online store that sell to europe have leak donw tester for good price? if not i will try make one

"Bike was running fine when parked two year ago".

I would bet the bike was parked and the gas remained in the carb. My strong opinion is that the problem is in the carb. Two year of gas will leave varnish depsits in the carb. The last Blaster I bought had been sitting five years. I had to soke the carb in a carb cleaner/acid cleaner. In the US, you can buy the cleaner kit at a local auto parts shop. It is a one gallon metal can filled with a mild acid.

J

Take off the exhaust,put wire inside them and i dont feel any restriction for nests or anything else.

Its normal too see this oil leak? Run original oil pump/mixture

https://db.tt/fMsN3wOr

The exhaust haver the springs but not in this picture. The piston from exhaust port seems OK,with no visual marks on them.

The carb as clean 2times,soaked for days in petroleum and blow all hole with compressed air.

I will try to talk with that user to ask price for all package.

Marco, it is quite normal for a little black spooge to come from the pipe, but yours seems excessive.

A leaky header pipe can be the cause of bogging owing to the expelled fuel charge not being forced back into the cylinder by the back pressure.

This can cause a too lean a mixture.