Blaster bog

Zbskater400

Aug 8, 2013
Massachusetts
Quad idles fine and I can give it quick revs but as soon as I push to full throttle it bogs the whole time and sputters a little bit. Just changed crank seals and is still doing it. I did have reed problems before and they broke but I had a old pair and used them maybe that could be the problem but Not gonna start it until I figure out what the issue is. I should mention I have the lid off , fmf with toomey silencer, +3mm. Elevation is 670ft and my main jet is 270 I believe the needle is in the stock position. Not sure of the pilot but any input would be nice !

Presuming carb and filter are clean, TORS and parking brake disco'd, and unable to do plug chop? When it starts to bog, pull choke half way out and see if it gets better or worse. Bad reeds usually result in a no start. However, if they are questionable in your mind, replacing them will give peace of mind, and eliminate that as a possibility. Only you can decide that.

Reactions: Zbskater400
Try what Larry said with pulling the choke out right where it starts to bog. If it clears up than your lean.

What's your temps? Your not to far from me but temps change up to 40° in a day or two lately (crazy). Have you noticed it running any different on a warmer day compared a colder day.??

Try what Larry said with pulling the choke out right where it starts to bog. If it clears up than your lean.

What's your temps? Your not to far from me but temps change up to 40° in a day or two lately (crazy). Have you noticed it running any different on a warmer day compared a colder day.??
I'll try def try tomorrow. I haven't really tried much in different weather because of that problem. It was weird one day a couple weeks ago I'm Pretty sure it was on the cold side it Ran somewhat ok but I shut it off and like an hour later the problem occurred again. Filter and carb is clean it's just weird. Parking brake is disabled and tors is gone.

Update jus_me..... Its alot warmer today verrrry warm like 45° and the quad seemed to be running better. Obviously it wasn't running crisp but it was somewhat running better not as much bog but still there but the quad will pull a little it's hard to explain. It pretty much runs better but bogs a little when im Wot consistently. Pretty much the warmer weather affected the way it ran. Any input ?

Did you ever rejet for winter? If not then you're 1-2 sizes to small on the main. Because it's starting to get warmer, might not be worth rejecting now. If you have an air box lid you could put that on, that's good for one size. You will still need to do a plug chop to be sure it's enough.

Did you ever rejet for winter? If not then you're 1-2 sizes to small on the main. Because it's starting to get warmer, might not be worth rejecting now. If you have an air box lid you could put that on, that's good for one size. You will still need to do a plug chop to be sure it's enough.
I never really rode it or touched it when it started getting colder because of that problem. I have the lid off right now but I dos still have the lid. I have a 270 main right now and fmf calls for a 260 but I'm just not sure where to go from where I'm at now. I don't think the pilot is correct because the fmf calls for a 32.5 as well. But im not to good at jetting but I'm willing to learn.. if you guys have any suggestions on jetting that would be helpful that will be nice. Later today Im going to inspect the reeds and take the carb off I should mention that it leaks gas out of the overflow alot.

IIRC correctly 32.5 is stock so you should be good there. If you are cleaning carb pull pilot jet and main jet/emulsion tube.
Good thread on cleaning float needle seat stickied in carb section.

Thing to be aware of is jetting specs are for 70* @ sea level with NO other mods at all, even includes removing snorkel, BONE STOCK otherwise.

IIRC correctly 32.5 is stock so you should be good there. If you are cleaning carb pull pilot jet and main jet/emulsion tube.

Thing to be aware of is jetting specs are for 70* @ sea level with NO other mods at all, even includes removing snorkel, BONE STOCK otherwise.
Update: cleaned the carb completely and overlooked everything checked float height, bumped main jet from a 270 to a 300. Then I found that it was my reeds they were cracked. Im gonna buy some today. Since I changed my main jet to a 300 would it be good to leave the lid on or off ?

Any suggestions ?

Do a plug chop-read with the lid on. If overly rich remove lid try again.
Thing is no two setups are the same. Even sitting next to each other, same weather. That's why it's called jetting 'suggestions "

Update... got new reed, installed new rings, oem base gasket , new reed gaskets everything torqued to spec and no leaks. Installed a 300 main... it did get better but still has that bog somewhat. I haven't plugged choped yet but the jetting should be close. Shouldn't it not bog like that ? Still don't know what the problem could be. Everything is good I just think it's jetting. Could the floats be wrong ? Maybe the needle valve ?... it did seem to be bogging/sputtering at little more than 3/4 throttle.. I will plug chop to confirm what main jet to run but the bog is annoying me. What do u think ?