Blaster 2001 Paint

RaymondC

Mar 6, 2010
Here are some of the picture's of the project I started, I still have to prime the frame and the parts with macropoxy 646 I was going to do a automotive bare metal primer but I think i have around a 3 to 4mil anchor profile witch might be too high for a automotive primer. Ill post more picture's as I get farther into the project. Feel free to ask any questions.

2bxnox.jpg

2gx4kuw.jpg

2cf6zqc.jpg

fxx61.jpg

2555cuv.jpg

ioqjia.jpg

2uh34o4.jpg

Last edited:
"brandoz28" I just got the quad the other day, the pipe that came with it was a power core 2, I am running behind schedule, all the parts were stuck like chuck, they took a grip of blows from a sludge and a 2x4 and I could never get the carrier off so I just left it be. Over all I am pretty happy on how everything is turning out, By the way things are going right now I am guessing I will have this all wrapped up by Monday. My girlfriends son is really happy tho and she likes the way things are starting too look.
Her son was like YEAH!! IT LOOKS LIKE YOURS!! lol I still have to teach him how to ride I was gonna go with a smaller quad but he is 11 years old 5"6 or 5"7 170 pounds and I want something he can ride for a while.

xvjww.jpg

29nyx5f.jpg

<H2>It doesn't look like mine but I am glad he likes it :)<H2><H2/>
6xulw0.jpg

2gx4kuw.jpg

Ah lol yeah man I need too get a new one! I was thinking FMF or DG what would be good for it?

FMF is a decent trail pipe really, DG's are basically a chrome stocker. there is a pipe review thread on here in one of the engine sections i believe....that's a pretty heated subject around here lol

OK here we go, I got to go out to my ranch today and finally do the macropoxy 646 primer I put about 8mills wet, 8mills seemed to cover the anchor profile pretty good, Tomorrow I will go back out and do a light prep then shoot the frame candy metallic red the swing arm candy metallic red and the hubs candy metallic red , The upper and lower arms silver the foot rests silver the axle receiver silver and the rims a fresh coat of silver as well. Here are some of the new pictures from today. I will post new one's tomorrow when I do the top coat. Man today was such a good sunny day!! Hopefully 2marro is too when it all counts!!

Sandblasted Frame Before The Primer
24ecllc.jpg

Different Angle Frame Before The Primer
2afzwg0.jpg

Brake Drum/Front Hubs Before The Primer
167uohc.jpg

Upper And Lower Arms Before The Primer
20zv5h0.jpg

A Fresh Coat Of Primer On The Frame
2zxm5ia.jpg

A Fresh Coat Of Primer On The Swing Arm And Axel Carrier
1265jrl.jpg

Primed Hub/Front Break Drums
wa11cp.jpg

Lower Arms Primed
n472qg.jpg

Thanks Sapient, When do you plan on doing yours? You should think about using the Macropoxy primer, You don't have to sandblast or anything if you want, the primer calls for a minimal prep and it's like a bugger it sticks to anything!!

Heres what I got to paint today, Hopefully tomorrow I might be able to start putting everything together.. worst case would be Sunday.

10cvk43.jpg

2sads02.jpg

4fu97m.jpg

28s10eh.jpg

14xyl1w.jpg

2laq69i.jpg

"Charles14" Thank You sir. I used a 375 ingersollrand air compressor to spray the primer and the top coat/red and silver. The primer I used was a industrial primer and the top coat, metallic red and metallic silver were some expensive automotive paints, The black is a industrial epoxy.

Ill take more picture's today when I go out to my ranch and pick up all the parts bring them home and put them together, All and All everything seem to have gone pretty smooth, I am waiting on a swing arm bolt I ordered off of Ebay, The one that came off was mushroomed from taking some big wacks with a sludge hammer, I can still put the front end together so the bolt isn't a issue yet, I am bidding on set of nerf bars and handle bars with my fingers crossed.