big electrical headache

RATTY

Oct 14, 2016
MANCHESTER UK
Big electrical headache !!!!! I bought a 04 blaster with all intention of putting her on the road so I paid £500 from acewell for the road wiring loom kit, since putting the loom on she doesn't want to play she would run for a minute then cut out,so I bought a brand new coil ang plug still cutting out,so I bought a brand new stator and she still cut out,so I bought a brand new cdi unit still cutting out and now the lights have stopped working too. Please please please HELP ME I can't afford anymore headache pills

did it come with instructions post instructions or pics of this thing wired up:)
is it supposed to run off of a battery instead of your stator?
is tors system still present?
put stock stator back on

sounds like tors issue or you wired something wrong

put it back to stock before you wired things up go from there

the stock stator can only handle so many watts i think it is 55 watts total.

http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/03-06-tors-removal-diy.41973/

This is exactly why you need to do proper trouble shooting on your issues first. Throwing parts at your bike will hardly ever fix it. Most of the time (like your case) is a waste of time/money.

Grab an OHM meter and start testing. If you're not sure to test, what your reading should be then open the link mark posted and check it out.

03+ blasters use a 5 wire stator, pre 03 use 4 wires.
Which did your new harness include ?

The above post is correct, 55 watts Max on the stock stator, without a battery conversion, anymore that 55 watts without a battery = headache pills.
Did you add extra lights ?

did it come with instructions post instructions or pics of this thing wired up:)
is it supposed to run off of a battery instead of your stator?
is tors system still present?
put stock stator back on

sounds like tors issue or you wired something wrong

put it back to stock before you wired things up go from there

the stock stator can only handle so many watts i think it is 55 watts total.

http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/03-06-tors-removal-diy.41973/
Hi mark yes it has a battery on and a
hi mark it was the quad bikes Wales msva kit made by acewell,I have disconnected the tors not sure I've done it right. I've spent a fortune on it wheels,axle,plastics,road kit,suspension and loads of other bits she's standing me around £4K,I'm absolutely gutted I just want to get her on the road and get out there. The coil and stator was ebay cheapest so I'm thinking of getting Oem but that's another £180 from a j suttons. My cousin is going to have a look with me and start from stock again
Thanks for your replies
RATTY

The above post is correct, 55 watts Max on the stock stator, without a battery conversion, anymore that 55 watts without a battery = headache pills.
Hi AWK IT WAS A 5 wire we had to put an extra wire in to the rectifier

The only lights extra were indicators,we're going to test later with multimeter
Thanks

eBay's cheapest stator = headaches.
Put the original back in

Hi Mark I've been on to acewell about the wiring loom and the guy said to me that the kill switch is temperamental,and it was a brand new one with the loom,guess what it was the kill switch after all "Nightmare" so she is running right now but the lights seem to be playing up so I'm going to take the loom of and start again
Thanks for your help everyone I'll let you all know how I get on with that
RATTY

eBay's cheapest stator = headaches.
Put the original back in
Hi AWK It was the bloody kill switch and it's a new one that come with the loom,the guy I bought it if said they are temperamental "nightmare cheapy he's gave me"
I'm having trouble with the lighting now so I'm going to start again with the loom
Cheers RATTY

Reactions: Awk08
Hi AWK It was the bloody kill switch and it's a new one that come with the loom,the guy I bought it if said they are temperamental "nightmare cheapy he's gave me"
I'm having trouble with the lighting now so I'm going to start again with the loom
Cheers RATTY
I've put old stator back in now so I'll see how I gat on

Thanks to everyone for there info,after all it was the bloody kill switch faulty and it was a new one that came with the acewell loom cheers people RATTY