Mar 28, 2008
South Dakota
started the teardown tonight.................80 kawasaki invader

6rhnxh.jpg

mhtuae.jpg

14v2x55.jpg

6ocxgj.jpg

2efhlzp.jpg

i know exactly what your going though and what your going to get into....i picked up a 79 articat pantera 500 with only 537 original miles this past spring for $200!! thing fired up second pull with half choke, just put it away for the season 2 weeks ago after blowing drive belt and tore the whole thing down...they may be old but those things are a freaking blast!

yeah it was fun to ride but i think i am going to get it looking nice and see it in the fall and pick up something a little newer

no updates been doing some other things outside since its been so nice.....im not 100 percent on the color yet but i was leaning to the orange and black

got some more done tonight....i think i might need some kind a puller to get the clutch off that all thats holding me back from pulling the engine out.....by the way 145 psi in both cylindersI:I

64h0l3.jpg

2reo4uf.jpg

2mpyhxc.jpg

34pdv9z.jpg

28v4qya.jpg

got the little guy from ups today (clutch puller) now i can get the clutch pulled and and engine out and move forward

14173tx.jpg

another up date

some parts that will get cleaned up and polished and painted

zaazq.jpg

the dirty engine...got her pulled out today.....dirty but still has 145psi compression and runs great she will get cleaned up and dropped back in.

2n1b4gw.jpg

and the body i took this pic after i took the hose to it......after this pic i took it to the car wash to blast all the grease and grime off of it

70hpup.jpg

been working on the hood the last few nights getting all the decals off and sanding down the bad/cracked spot and getting them ready for some fiber bondo

still not sure on the paint color yet

2mgrz3k.jpg