• mazda

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • datsun

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • dodge

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • international

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • honda ridgeline (honda's attempt at making a truck lol)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GMC

• nissan

• Total voters
I drive a 1999 gmc sonoma and it isnt winning any awards but from what I've seen, the best overall truck for working or playing is the silverado 2500hd duramax, No offense to ford and dodge but they don't really prove anything with their commercials and or get any real information across. I watched a car & driver test of all the heavy duty trucks and the chevy towed 12000lbs of weight uphill faster than all the other trucks, handled better under load and plainly had more power in accelerating and holding speed.

When I watch a ford commercial and really pay attention to it, its just a bunch of crap honestly. Dodge does have some good points in theirs but they haven't changed anything with the cummins in too long and have fallen behind. I really am not a brand loyal ***hole but I do prefer chevrolet over all other brands.

I had a long discussion between all my friends on this topic and did a lot of research too, lol so this is my long opinion.

Dodge hasn't needed to change much, still look great after all these years (they were pretty bold coming out with that look) and the Cummins is a known quantity. It can still deliver the goods, power, economy, reliability, whatever you need out of it. This coming from a Ford man.

I actually just bought a Dodge, now don't laugh guys... minivan!

I needed something that could tow a 1500 lbs snowmobile trailer 500 miles in 4" of snow, work as a pick-up truck, trailer hauler, dog shed, canoe rack and sleeping quarters on long trips even in urban areas. It had to be reliable and cheap and easy to fix even if it broke in ButteFork AK. Most of all, it had to get great fuel mileage, cuz we's paying over $6/gal for gas in some places in this country.

First tank of gas was 24mpg, has 285hp, and it is a particularly manly shade of blue.

This is it sitting in the driveway idling: And this is it after a 10 minute drive:
269081_10151236914290803_1141395249_n.jpg
486862_10151236914315803_1323409676_n.jpg

Note the hood cooled down but the windshield heated up? Look at the tires and brakes.

Steve (the soccer mom HUNTER...)

Dodge hasn't needed to change much, still look great after all these years (they were pretty bold coming out with that look) and the Cummins is a known quantity. It can still deliver the goods, power, economy, reliability, whatever you need out of it. This coming from a Ford man.

I actually just bought a Dodge, now don't laugh guys... minivan!

I needed something that could tow a 1500 lbs snowmobile trailer 500 miles in 4" of snow, work as a pick-up truck, trailer hauler, dog shed, canoe rack and sleeping quarters on long trips even in urban areas. It had to be reliable and cheap and easy to fix even if it broke in ButteFork AK. Most of all, it had to get great fuel mileage, cuz we's paying over $6/gal for gas in some places in this country.

First tank of gas was 24mpg, has 285hp, and it is a particularly manly shade of blue.

This is it sitting in the driveway idling: And this is it after a 10 minute drive:
269081_10151236914290803_1141395249_n.jpg
486862_10151236914315803_1323409676_n.jpg

Note the hood cooled down but the windshield heated up? Look at the tires and brakes.

Steve (the soccer mom HUNTER...)

Well this is a truck discussion, and I'm not saying that dodge is bad or whatever, I like their trucks, its just they seem more for image than purpose, the cummins was good years ago, but they didnt change anything with it and now ford and chevy are ahead with getting more power out of less fuel and stuff like that.

Like I said, I am not loyal to one brand, I'm willing to give all the domestic trucks a chance, but I do believe chevrolet is the best.

Best would you happen to be a member on the for trucks froum? That van looks oddly familiar.

The van became a bit of a legend.
It traveled across the USA and down to Florida a couple times, stopping and visiting folks along the way, hauling my rather large family. It was featured on a few different Ford, van and off-road websites and I wrote various articles on off-road and distant travel which often included pictures of the van. Sadly when my wife and I broke up in 2003, many of the original film pictures (digital cameras are not so old, all picts of it were scans) were destroyed. It was an absolutely wildly fun family vehicle, and good on fuel too, as it usually ran on used ATF.

vanrock.jpg
vanrock2.jpg
vanstump.jpg