Votes: 4 26.7%
  • duro hookup radial 21 7 10

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • other

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • GBC X-REX 21x7-10

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
i can't comment on any of the tires you have listed, what i can tell you is for the woods i ride, with rocks involved.....
go with a 6 ply for sure !

my personal all time favorite was the "pure sport bandit kevlar belted 6 ply", but i've proven even bullet proof belting can be destroyed :(
i say "was" as they're no longer made.
but most gncc style racers don't like the flat profile they had, they're harder to steer, leading to more fatigue over the course of a race.
you can't go wrong with any of the 6 ply ITP's or Maxxis'

well im thinking of getting some new front tires for my blaster because my fronts are about slick

MX tires (holeshot mxr6) won't last a lap in a woods race- those duro's are kinda pricey for what they are.

Pro's run maxxis razr 1's in the rear, and maxxis razr 2's in front.

Lots of gncc guys on a budget are switching to GBC X-rex all aroud- which has the exact same tred pattern as the maxxis razr 2's- for a lot less $$.

You can find a set of 4 gbc x-rex's online for $240- i paid $300 for all 4 of mine and that was with mounting at a shop.

those gncc holeshots would work to- but i've never used them yet.

Woods racing your going to need a 6-ply tire- and beadlocks wouldn't be a bad investment either.

I run Holeshot XCR's on my yfz and the quadcross XC on my 400ex and i really like both sets of those tires....not exactly cheap but most the time with tires you get what you pay for

btw...i just noticed a 20" front tire is listed ?
20" fronts are for mx tracks only IMO.
do not run a 20 front tire in the woods, you need all the extra height you can get, with at least a 21" tire, i prefer and run 22"s myself for added clearence over rocks/ruts/roots
both of those sets of fronts below \/ are 22" w/20" rears

I would say any type of hole shots, i got douglas holeshots or w/e they are called, and they will do awesome in our woods, rip corners and stand her up even in higher gears I:II:I

Gncc all.day and i have seen some x rex at summit racing and they seem like the side walls are.thin and they dont really have side bite

well it doesent look like im gonna race this season but i need some tires that will last a a couple years beacuse i ride on the road some and alot of hard pack and grip good

Everyone usually recommends itp but ambush tires have been the best for me. I ride with banshees in the woods and they hook up better than razr tires, itp wholeshots, and sooo many others. The only thing is that they will catch grip really easily on hills and come up with you.