Best Heavy-Duty Rear Wheels?

Braaaptor

Dec 1, 2009
Hamlet, NC
Ok, I need to replace my dented and worn-out stock rear wheels. I need a set of heavy-duty aluminum wheels that will (hopefully) last for several years of hard trail riding. I already have a good set of Warrior front wheels ready to install, so I'm covered there.

I'm curious about Douglas Red Label vs ITP T-9 vs ??? Rolled lip wheels would be the best choice, I think. Are the ITP T-9 wheels any good for rough use?

And before anybody suggests just getting some Warrior/YFZ/Banshee rear wheels...I've already tried that. Unfortunately, I didn't do my homework and wound up with a useless pair laying around in the shop. My tires won't fit on them. I have a set of almost-new 8" RAZR rear tires that I can't afford to replace right now. I figure wheels are cheaper than tires (and this way I don't need new hubs), so I'm just gonna replace the wheels at this point.

Basically, whatever replacement wheels I have to buy need to be heavy-duty, for 8" tires, and have a 4/100 bolt pattern.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Bro, i don't think there is a " rolled lip 8" wheel! ITP-9's are good but just cab't beat the rolled lip as Joe! Burn those tires off then use those warrior ones

Yeah, I was afraid of that. Ill hang onto the Warrior rears for future use. Now I have to go ride more to use up the tires!! Lol

If you want a wheel that will last FOREVER get some hiPer tech 3 dual beadlocks but only if you willing.to pay $700 for just two rims lol

I just picked up a set of Douglas yellow label with bead locks.for cheap on my local c.l (rears) i might part with soon.I'm not sure yet.... they have never seen rubber.I:I. If i decide to sell them i will let you know.. I'm starting to have to many toys.n parts..... if i decide to sell i will pm you first.....i might keep them though I'm not sure.there 8s though.. but like yourself.i have allot of 8 inch tires. But i want to go to 9s...so i need to burn up my 8s first..

Anyone that has $700 to spend on rear rims just for their blaster either has way too much money, or no common sense ! Not tryin to rip on anyone but I HAD to speak my mind ! There's a lot you could do to a blaster with $700 . . .

thekingblaster . . . I didn't know you actually had them, like I said I'm not tryin to rip on anyone I'm not that type of person, I just had to speak my mind lol. Don't take this the wrong way but your still kinda young so if you wanna spend that much of your money on somethin like rims its all good man. Everyone is a little crazy with how they spend their money and on what when they're young . . . Its good to get it out of your system while your still young cause the older you get the more of your money goes to bills, and kids etc. It becomes more about what you HAVE to spend your money on rather then what you WANT to spend your money on haha.

DWT .190 red labels- Strong wheels, but the lips of the rims tend to bend fairly easy on the trails I ride. Every ride I would tend to have several new small bends/ chips in them. But for a straight edge (non-rolled) lip these wheels hold up decently for how cheap they are.

DWT .125 wheels - I might buy these for a dune tire/ wheel setup but never again for the trails.

ITP Baja- Strong wheel that is priced very reasonable considering the beating these can take. I had these on the front of my banshee and although my outer rings were taken down to bare alum from being black, i never lost air in the tires as they never bent. I will buy these again when I finally decide to buy new front tires. These wheels are horrible though to mount tires on as the ring sticks out quite a bit.

Hiper Tech 3 dual beadlocks- Awesome wheel, hands down you get what you pay for. These wheels take a beating, the outer rings are replaceable and cheap, light for how heavy duty they are. I love the fact that I can literally break down the wheel and tire with no special tools, bolt it back up and be on my way. As for price, I got lucky and found a used set for $250 and then grabbed a set of YFZ hubs.