Best Blaster MX suspension?

crxbart

Jan 21, 2009
Mid Ohio
I am building a Blaster for MX as you may of seen in my other thread. Well, being as the last quad I owned was a 250R, I want to build this to be the best handling it can be. There are soooo many choices out there, it is easy for someone to get confused like myself. I have always been one to go big, so I want the best suspension I can bolt to my quad. I want the confidence, that if I case, all will be well. So what is the best suspension setup you can run on a Blaster, money being no object?

I would go with fox podium or elkas all around, if money is no issue

Yeah, I am probably going with Elkas, but the big mystery to me is the best A Arms to go along with them swingarm too. It seems most people just use an extended swinger, and a dual or triple rate shock since it is a no link setup. I know the front shocks are only going to go as far as the a arms, and ball joints let them. I want as much plush travel as possible.

have u looked at any long travel kits yet, 245stroker has that setup and it is saweet!!

The setup I have my eye on is the SMS +5 +1 long travel A Arms. I cannot get them to return emails, or phone calls at all, and the girl that answers the phone is clueless. I want to order them with balljoints to accept warrior spindles, and I want to know approximately how much travel I can expect to get with them. As far as business ethics they get an F so far, but if the product is superior, I'll buy them anyway.

The setup I have my eye on is the SMS +5 +1 long travel A Arms. I cannot get them to return emails, or phone calls at all, and the girl that answers the phone is clueless. I want to order them with balljoints to accept warrior spindles, and I want to know approximately how much travel I can expect to get with them. As far as business ethics they get an F so far, but if the product is superior, I'll buy them anyway.

and i thought SMS was customer friendly, thanks for the heads up

and i thought SMS was customer friendly, thanks for the heads up

They might be busy who knows. I told them in an email I want to buy front and rear Elkas, the A Arms, and possibly the swinger, and no email back. You would think they would want a $2000+ sale, I mean given the current economy, IDK. I am going to email them again. It's been almost a week. This time, I'm gonna be a little pissy since they haven't responded. It's been a week by now I think. I know I emailed them before I got the quad, and I got it last Wednesday.

They might be busy who knows. I told them in an email I want to buy front and rear Elkas, the A Arms, and possibly the swinger, and no email back. You would think they would want a $2000+ sale, I mean given the current economy, IDK. I am going to email them again. It's been almost a week. This time, I'm gonna be a little pissy since they haven't responded. It's been a week by now I think. I know I emailed them before I got the quad, and I got it last Wednesday.

u would think they would want that bigass sale, unless they think its a bogus email, i would def, try again

I'm running atv four play +4+1 long travel a-arms with some 19'' long elka's. In the rear I'm running a +3 round housing atv four play swing arm. I've got a dual rate custom axis shock on the way.

blaster035.jpg

blaster045.jpg

I'm running atv four play +4+1 long travel a-arms with some 19'' long elka's. In the rear I'm running a +3 round housing atv four play swing arm. I've got a dual rate custom axis shock on the way.

How do you like that setup? What rear shock is that in the pics? How does it handle, and any idea how much travel you have? Oh yeah BTW I:I Sweet setup!

the set up is awesome. I'd say that its about as good if not better then my old r set up. I also used to race a 250r. The rear shock in the pic is the stocker, still waiting on the axis to show up. Not sure how much travel I've got with this set up

the set up is awesome. I'd say that its about as good if not better then my old r set up. I also used to race a 250r. The rear shock in the pic is the stocker, still waiting on the axis to show up. Not sure how much travel I've got with this set up

Good Info! I emailed Snyder again, and I am currently looking into the products you have. That setup looks killer. If I don't get anywhere with Snyder, I am definitely going to look into it. It's going to really kick ass when the rear shock can keep up with the front!

245stroker I checked out 4 play's website. They say nothing about long travel Blaster A Arms. They only list it as one they make the standard kit for. I guess I will have to call them.

245stroker I checked out 4 play's website. They say nothing about long travel Blaster A Arms. They only list it as one they make the standard kit for. I guess I will have to call them.

Yeah, I'd give them a call and see if they still offer it. I bought my a-arms and swingarm used off of ebay.

So yeah. I got all Snyder stuff now. I got the +5 +1 A Arms, and the +3 swinger. Shawn the owner says this is the best possible suspension for the Blaster, and that no one offers anything better. When someone says something like that, am a bit reluctant to beleive them. They are however the only people producing a +5 frontend. I bolted it to my frame, and without shocks the wheel travel was 14.5" before the balljoints bind. He said with ELKAs this is the best setup possible, and will get you 12" travel front and rear. This is the path I have chosen. I will update this thread, when I get this thing together and test it. Untill then lets see some more kick ass setups please.