best bang for the buck

I saw PEP ZPL PB-1 for the front and an ELKA dual rate stage 3 shock for the rear. you will love the ride.

i put my banshee front and 400 rear and rides much better... no more bottoming out and i dont feel like im gonna fly over the handlbars in woops. just keep it pinned and hold on! hahaaa

i ran an atc 250r rear shock. and yamaha banshee front shocks. both made a significant improvement. and both bolted right on. your best bet would be to find some works shocks and have then revalved for your weight and riding style.

i know all too well about the elka's you pay more for the name than the performance and have had BAD luck with progressive shocks blowing out all on my banshee, but the blaster for the kids i am understanding that the z400 and dvx400 rear shocks are a descent fit.? i havent really gotten into any modifications to the frame and dont really want to start cutting a bunch, a little is ok but i just dont like cutting and welding on the frames that much, especialy when it comes to my kids safty.

the 400ex is a more popular swap for the rear, i think the others are the same though, or close. the 400ex shock just needs a bushing kit from ken oconnor for 20 bucks and the bottom shock mount drilled a bit bigger

i know all too well about the elka's you pay more for the name than the performance and have had BAD luck with progressive shocks blowing out all on my banshee, but the blaster for the kids i am understanding that the z400 and dvx400 rear shocks are a descent fit.? i havent really gotten into any modifications to the frame and dont really want to start cutting a bunch, a little is ok but i just dont like cutting and welding on the frames that much, especialy when it comes to my kids safty.

what are you smoking?

you dont pay for the name, you pay for a race engineered shock that is a billion times more reliable and a billion times better then any stock shock out there

im sorry, but the only way to get a decent ride is through multi-rate shocks... theres a reason why they build them, as the shock goes through its compression stages, it needs different rates for different terrain.. plain and simple

ive had 2 vehicles with progressive springs, my truck with 10 inch dual rate fox COs for my rear 3 link and on my blaster with elka triple rates... NEVER ever had a problem, just because there progessive rate doesnt mean they blow out, sounds like something wrong on your end

what are you smoking?

you dont pay for the name, you pay for a race engineered shock that is a billion times more reliable and a billion times better then any stock shock out there

im sorry, but the only way to get a decent ride is through multi-rate shocks... theres a reason why they build them, as the shock goes through its compression stages, it needs different rates for different terrain.. plain and simple

ive had 2 vehicles with progressive springs, my truck with 10 inch dual rate fox COs for my rear 3 link and on my blaster with elka triple rates... NEVER ever had a problem, just because there progessive rate doesnt mean they blow out, sounds like something wrong on your end

damn. now thats a little harsh, dont you think?

i personally have works dual rates, and other than stock thats all i've ever been on. i'd say if your on a budget, the 400ex/banshee combo or used works is the way to go. but the saying is, you get what you pay for. so i'm sure elka's or the pep's are way better

ya works are good, i have them on my shee. my bro has peps on his LT, they are way better but he got lucky and found them for a good deal.

i have had elka's on my banshee and i think that they are OVER PRICED!!! and not much better than works shocks. Progressive is a company not a progressive shock "...revin it02 must not know that!! kind of goes off half cocked?
as i said it is for one of my kids blasters and i am wanting to upgrade the ride for them, it gets kind of spendy when you are maintaining 6 atv's and they are all ok with what they have but i know that a" better" suspension is out their with out spending big dollars for dual rate or tripple rate shocks $420 just for works fronts and probably close to that for a rear shock? call it $800? for a full set up an a blaster that is only worth $1600 CRAZY!!!
it would be totoly diferant if they were racing than i would have NO PROBLEM forking out the $$ for a good quality tripple rate shock set up BUT we are not racing.......i better stop i am starting to rant!!!!

i have around a grand into my suspension, triple rate works front, works rear and +2+1 a-arms.
it is 10x better than stock. but i want better shocks. they are not the best, i want a threaded preload, compression and rebound adjustment and piggyback for the front, something my works dont have.
my rear does have the threaded preload.

what are you smoking?

Elkas aren't worth the price they cost.