Bearings

Apr 12, 2009
SW Florida
Hey what do you guys run for bearings? I replaced mine 6 months ago and there already starting to wear out. I also wa wondering if anyone Reyes tapping a zero onto the reAr carrier so I can keep grease in and dirt out. Thanks

are you talking carrier bearings?

i have all balls bearings in mine, and tapping a zerk into it is pretty common and not a bad idea, definitely makes getting grease in there much easier.

all balls here too, and grease zerk installed on both bikes, but unless you leave the inner seal out of the bearings, grease will never get to it when pumped into the zerk, but keeping the carrier full of grease at least keeps water and mud out,
have you ever picked the seal out of a brand new bearing ?????
threres not even enuf grease in there to "run one off" properly, let alone keep the bearing lubed, pick the seal and pack it full of good red or blue waterproof grease,
it'll last much longer, and stay outta the deep water and mud, buy a 4x4 if ya wanna mud bog

hhmm ok I can see the possiblity of tolerance but I dont see how the bearings would prematurly fail. They hadt obe pressed in and the axle went on tight also "No play". The One on the drive chain side seems to fail first and my chain is set to factory spec. I think I am going to add a zerk and see where it goes from there. Thanks for the input

how are you pressing them in, by the outer race i hope, if you press/pound on the inner race it will damage the bearing,
and pick that seal with the edge of a razor/utility knife and pack them suckers full of waterproof grease, replace seal !!!!!!!