be nice lol

time2ryde

Jan 4, 2016
I'm new to blaster so here it is I took off the carbs to clean it.i order a 290 main jet seeing it has some mods fmf full exhaust no lid on air box and vforce 3 reeds which are fine I check so I but it all back together and it turns on but turns off when I get off the throttle.i don't know if the needle position is in the right place I put it in the middle please help sry if I did something wrong I'm a noob lol

Float height 20 - 21.5mm

Needle on middle clip position.

Airscrew @ 1.5 turns out to start, then follow the airscrew/pilot tuning guide in the carb section to tune the airscrew to highest idle.

If the carb still has the tors brick on top, then you will need to take the seat off to adjust the idle screw. If the tors has been removed, then you will need to add an idle screw to the carb

Ok guys bear with me I took off the needle and two white washers came out now when I put them back in do I put both washers under the clip or in between the clip

One under and one on top.

"Technically" the washers can be used in a different order to very fine tune the needle but you would prob never need to finely tune like that.

Welp I put the stock jet and needle back in and still dose not stay on as soon take my hand off throttle it shuts off

did you buy it like this or did it only happen when you took carb apart?

do you got any pics of it?
I'm bought it was running next day did not start off so I took the carb off check the reeds they were fine then I cleaned the carb I did mess with the throttle cable

did you take out pilot jet/and soak it in carb cleaner?
make sure gas cap is venting properly...unscrew it from the tank.
i will try to find a thread instead of typing everything gain lol:)

not having any luck on the links at the moment:(
there is so many possible causes.

sheared woodruff key on flywheel
tors system
free flowing gas from tank to carb...ect ect..

do a compression test on the cylinder
new ngk b8es plug
fresh gas ect
look at this pic on the lower right/if you did not take pilot jet out and soak it in carb cleaner do it:)
click on pic to expand

carb plus idle 1 1 2 big 1 1 1.jpg

I don't have that plastic pice and only have the main jet

the pilot jet is hard to see
you need a small flat head to remove it.
the plastic ring missing it should still idle fine....
if the pilot jet is in fact not there then that is a huge problem
it should say 32.5 on it
and if you did not take it completely out and soak it in carb cleaner,well then you need to do it know:)

the pilot jet is hard to see
you need a small flat head to remove it.
the plastic ring missing it should still idle fine....
if the pilot jet is in fact not there then that is a huge problem
it should say 32.5 on it
and if you did not take it completely out and soak it in carb cleaner,well then you need to do it know:)
I'll check tomorrow could be that I only seen one it said 230 main one