Baster won't idle....

M

mattman84

I have a 97 blaster with a vitos 240 kit, +3 crank, keihin pwk 35mm airstriker carb, vforce reeds and a spacer, fmf fatty and silencer, aluminum airbox w/ k&n and lid. I called vitos and they said to adjust the throttle cable to hold the slide open and it should idle. It has the 160 main and 48 slow jets in still. Any suggestions? Thanks

Well im not a carb expert, but have spent the last week getting our 35mm kehin dialed in. We live at 2200 feet and i have a 155 main and a 50 pilot. I went and bought 8 main jets and 4 pilots. The whole time while tunning i never messed with the pilot. The thing would idle but not well so i went from a 52 pilot to a 50 and it seemed to help. Also make sure the throttle cable is adjusted right with no slop!!

OK...i've put a 40 & 38 pilot and still won't idle. I also changed the main to a 155 and it seems like its running smoother but still no idle. I can hold the throttle steady and the engine sounds as if its surging. I was told to try a 30 pilot but 35 is the leanest I have seen.

Ok, i'm new to this so don't give a hard time, it was the TORS. I unhooked it all and it idles great after adjustments of course. Now time to play w/ the jets. Thanks for the help. I:I