banshee rear hubs

ok so i want to put on banshee rear hubs on my blaster for temporary so i can fit my banshee wheels, i think they will fit but does anyone have a guide how to do it with pictures prefferably and how hard is it and what about these?
BANSHEE REAR AXLE HUBS | eBay

ummmm.. step one remove old hubs, step two put new hubs on lol :D also $40 shipped for banshee hubs is ridiculas imo..

Last edited by a moderator:
you all forgot about removing the split pins....and putting them back!! ;)

but seriously, they fit right on, same splines etc, just the different bolt pattern so your blaster wheels will not work with them

Remove split pins, remove castellated nut in an anticlock wise direction. Remove hub, may need to use a drift of some sort.

Refit new hub, screw nut on in clockwise direction to a torque setting of 87 ft lb.
Replace split pin with a new one.

you all forgot about removing the split pins....and putting them back!! ;)

but seriously, they fit right on, same splines etc, just the different bolt pattern so your blaster wheels will not work with them

imo that part fits into " take off old hubs" haha ;)

Wow learn something new everyday. I normal just buy a banshee axle cut the axle and then weld the 2 axles together :p
J/K good advice guys.

That's a very good tip right there Blaner I:I, grease or anti seize. I got an axle that I couldn't get the sprocket hub off with a torch, 2lb hammer and home made puller X(

I have a silly Q I haven't ever really checked into it, do any other rear hubs work with different bolt patterns? and do the 4x156 89/90 banshee rear hubs fit? I believe banshee hubs fit older LT250Rs so other hubs should as well I would think :D thanks!

Do not get the 4x156 rear hubs, you may never find wheels to fit. Seems I recall seeing that Honda 250r hubs fit? tho I wouldn't buy unless I actually tried them myself. The internet is as bad as a politition, can't believe anything you hear here. Point being why not just stick with "common" Yamaha stuff and forget the "Bastard" set-ups?

I got the 4/156 rear hubs.i just put them on about two weeks ago. Thing is i got a good deal on two sets of rear rims with that pattern, spotless banshee rims not a scratch and Douglas bead locks brand new otherwise i wouldn't have got the 4/156 rears.but i got to say i like them.. looks a little different but i like it..