Banshee parts on a blaster.

Roccdeezy

Jul 27, 2007
Washington state
OK! I'm tired of seeing people talk about what banshee parts will and will not work on a Blaster.

If you have an older blaster you can use a banshee or warrior rear carrier and axle with a small spacer between the carrier and the swing arm where the bolt runs through. basically an oversized washer. . No modification required and this allows you to use the hydraulic brakes used on the newer blasters. If you do this you need the right foot peg from a banshee as well and a bracket needs to be welded to the frame to hold the master cylinder. There is a spot where you can bolt a bracket but it is only one hole. You need 2 holes for the master cylinder.

The rear shock off of a banshee and warrior will bolt on a blaster but it will lower your blaster an inch or 2. Everyone seems to think it will raise it but it will not. Banshee uses a wishbone and the blaster doesn't. Here is a tip. The raptor shock is the same size as a blaster but much stiffer.

Here is the question that everyone asks. Will the banshee swingarm bolt on a blaster. The answer is No(Unless you like to cut and weld) They are totally different.

And the biggest question of all. Will Banshee a-arms bolt onto a blaster. So everyone knows the banshee a-arms will bolt right on with no modification. If you do bolt the banshee a-arms on you want to use the banshee spindles then your able to use hydraulic calipers and brakes. The warrior, banshee, raptor and blaster a-arms are all interchangeable. But be careful with the blaster drum brake to hydraulic. If you use the banshee,raptor or warrior a-arm use their spindles and hubs as well.

I beleive the banshee steering stem will work but I'm not 100% sure. I know it is 2inches longer than a stock blaster stem.

And last. Don't waste your money on Banshee front shocks. They are just as worthless as the blaster front shocks. Yes they will bolt up and give you an inch but they are junk. If they are free then use em, but don't waste your money.

If I missed anything then let me know.

The steering stem needs to be turned down and two tabs cut off. And i know for a fact that warrior a-arms will not fit, the mounts are too far apart.

Hey its been a while. I believe your right now that I recall. I think the lower arm will bolt up but the top arm is too wide. I'm thinking of aftermarket a-arms. they use special spacers that allow them to interchange. However the spindles and hubs will work if the older blaster guys want to upgrade to hydraulic brakes. It's been a few years since I played with that sh*t. I threw this out there because I keep seeing people ask the same damn questions. Sorry about that good catch

No worries m8 :D at least you tried to help. i only know cuz i tried with my dads when his ball joint died and we wanted a quick replacement lol

In case you ask. The reason a banshee is a lot wider in the front is because the frame is wider. The banshee and blaster a-arms are real close in size. I can't remeber exactly how much though. I know the front shocks are an inch longer. Hope that helps.

One thing you can do is measure your arms and then go on ebay and ask any person that is selling them how long they are. LOL. I've done it before.

YFZ. I'm not sure about that one. The YFZ bikes are a whole new design so they may be different. The blaster and banshee have been around unchanged for years and the yfz are the new hybrids. If I had to bet the farm I would say they are different. However I think I have read forums of people using the yfz shocks.