Banshee or YFZ450 Front Shocks

im thinkin yfz shocks preload off stud spacers since its taller and i cant remember wat shock on the rear raises it i think 250r correct me please. and stud spacers and a +3 swing arm would be my dream shock set up

im thinkin yfz shocks preload off stud spacers since its taller and i cant remember wat shock on the rear raises it i think 250r correct me please. and stud spacers and a +3 swing arm would be my dream shock set up

ya the stud spacers make this set up a sh*tty one.
and if you are going for a dream shock set up, it would be more like
axis/elka shocks, +3+1 a-arms long travel, +4 swingarm, +4 axle.

Nice we can all have different dreams. I dream a Blastersauraus suspension with +4 swinger, quick adjust top mounts and maybe the a-arm pivot points as close to the centerline as possible and shocks with the adjustability of the 09 yfz's...don't need a fancy brand name, just wanna play with the adjustments...my works don't have adjustments. ...have to take'em apart & monkey with shims & holes & chit... :( ...zzzzzzz....snore!

Nice we can all have different dreams. I dream a Blastersauraus suspension with +4 swinger, quick adjust top mounts and maybe the a-arm pivot points as close to the centerline as possible and shocks with the adjustability of the 09 yfz's...don't need a fancy brand name, just wanna play with the adjustments...my works don't have adjustments. ...have to take'em apart & monkey with shims & holes & chit... :( ...zzzzzzz....snore!

adjusters are fun untill it gets stuck all the way in, then it gets annoying

my preload and spring are all the wya soft, and it ride greeeeaaaaaattt! i love it

my preload and spring are all the wya soft, and it ride greeeeaaaaaattt! i love it

I take it you like the shocks then?I:I

To take advantage of the full length of the shock, without some sort of lowering kit, the YFZ shocks take a minimum of +2 Arms and I was using Banshee Spindles. About 9" of wheel travel with that setup.

You "can" fit YFZ shocks on stock A-arms but you have to substainially compress the shocks and at that point your ride height is with the shock fully extended. The ball joints are now limiting your down travel instead of the shock.

Edit: The compressed length of the shock also needs to be considered. If the arms travel too far up, you could pop the balljoints out, the same goes for too much down pressure from the shocks being too long and over extending the ball joints