Ball Joints for Snyder A arms - Same as certain car ball joints?

Combating_MOFO

Dec 2, 2010
i bought some aftermarket a arms off a kid locally. they are made by Snyder Motorsports in wooster, ohio. the 2 lower ball joints had messed up threads that were not re-thread able. i called the place and they said they carry the ball joints at there store for 32 a piece. i thought that was kind of high. my buddy told me you might be able to get the same ones off a honda or honda car maybe? i though that was what he said. here is a picture of the ball joints on there online ebay store. FRAP BALL JOINTS for HONDA - LOWER BALL JOINTS - eBay (item 150447678363 end time Dec-20-10 12:29:49 PST)

Last edited by a moderator:
thats about what i paid for mine from snyder. frap ball joints arent cheap. they make another one that 20 something a piece.

u can also buy 2 lower ball joints and put them on the top arm and u would be able to run a whole front yfz disc brake setup spindles, hubs the whole shabang

i would think you "could" substitute some auto balls on the bottom ??
and good info 3 wh33l3r !!!!!!!!

i know you can on the banshee, i just cant remember which car it is. lol

i remember a thread about that, the dude took the ball joint to a napa or autozone and they matched one up, but it was definately foriegn,
honda, toyota or nissan i think ?????

ya i think i might try and take it right up to auto zone down the street. see if they can match it up for a cheaper price. snyder is over an hour away dont feel like driving there heh

Got some spare lower BRAND NEW WITH BAG FRAP 5+1+ lower balljoints, set of 2. They were 72 shipped from SMS... Will sell for 48 shipped OBO be reasonable! Thanks bud!I:I 32.95 a piece, made for YOUR a-arms.

Have 100% feedback on here and these are not the cheap one's. They are the Frap ones, very nice similar to the old laegers balljoints. No need to go to autozone, been waiting for this day, these have been stored on my shelf for nearly 2.5 yrs. I:I
For reference these are the ones I have:
Yamaha_lower_ball_joint.JPG

/\/\/\/\ thats a deal there

i'm gonna say yes, all snyder arms will use the same ball joints, but let the rooster answer for sure