Ball Joint Puller

tas-motorsports

Oct 17, 2008
Hello,

Over last weekend after shop hours, we worked at breaking apart an '05 YFZ450 for a local fellow to jazz up the frame paint and such

Our shop sponsors this 450, so we know what its been through overtime, and after hitting a few too many things, we knew the front end tear down wasn't going to be a walk in the park

The Ball Joints are absolutely stuck! We plan to install new ball-joints, so we put the heat to em', and by golly they still wouldn't pop out with a ton of smacks from a brass bar and steel hammer

Has anyone ran across a ball joint puller or seperator that would help us out with these fellows?

Thanks in advance,

Mathew

If your trying to get them out of the a-arm, I believe that those have to be pressed out, But I'm not sure I've never had to work on one. If you're trying to get them out of the spindle, I always use a tie-rod separator for cars when I do mine. Hope that is some help

Thanks..

We are actually still stuck with these fellows in the hub. We smacked one of em' out with a brass bar and hammer, but the other 3 just won't budge

I know that machines like the Warrior had a puller available, but I wasn't real sure on the YFZ450?

Figure we'll pry wind up carrying em' up to our machine guys to press em' out of the a-arms, once we get em' popped out of the hubs

Thanks Again,

Mathew

TracksideATV