Axle Length

heyketz

Jan 18, 2011
I bought a non-running blaster to fix and sell and noticed there is a sticker on the axle that says DURA BLUE. Does anybody know the length of a stock axle or how to tell if it's really a Dura Blue axle?

40.7 in is the std stock width of the bike, i have forgotten the length of the axle, but if the width is greater than stock there is a fair chance you have an aftermarket axle.

or.....the durablue stickers were part of the "free decals" mailing list, i have at least 10 of them layin around
i have a stock axle layin at the shop, i'll try to get ya an exact measurement

yep, I measured my old one today too, 33" all day long !!!!

Reactions: heyketz
A big THANKS to Awk08 and Blaaster for the axle measurements. I measured my axle and it measures 37" end to end. I did some research and found some axles with the same sticker in the exact same position as the one on my Blaster. Would I be safe to assume that I lucked out and the axle is a DURA BLUE 2+2 since it has a DURA BLUE sticker and is 4" longer then stock?

A big THANKS to Awk08 and Blaaster for the axle measurements. I measured my axle and it measures 37" end to end. I did some research and found some axles with the same sticker in the exact same position as the one on my Blaster. Would I be safe to assume that I lucked out and the axle is a DURA BLUE 2+2 since it has a DURA BLUE sticker and is 4" longer then stock?

yep, that'd be a durablue then !!!!

Sweet buy. .

If its the 2+2 axle it will have spacers on the splines to adjust it from a +2 to a +4 width axle, otherwise its just a +4 axle. Either way, its a great axle.

Paid $275.00 for the Blaster. Wasn't running due to no compression. Pulled the head and jug and found the piston was toast and the jug needed a bore. Bought a Wiseco piston kit on eBay and had the jug bored and honed, installed a new piston, rings, wrist pin, top end crank bearing and just finished my third warm up according to Ken Oconnor's engine break in video.

Last edited:
just finished my third warm up according to Ken Oconnor's engine break in video.

time to retorque the cylinder and base bolts, ride it easy, no extended full throttle runs for a tank or 2 of fuel, then let 'er rip !!!!!!

Well not as lucky as I thought. After I did my 3rd heat cycle and retorqued the head bolts and cylinder base bolts I took it out for a little ride. Dura Blue axle is BENT. Don't know what the previous owner hit but it must have been hard. So I guess I'll be looking for a rear axle.

Well not as lucky as I thought. After I did my 3rd heat cycle and retorqued the head bolts and cylinder base bolts I took it out for a little ride. Dura Blue axle is BENT. Don't know what the previous owner hit but it must have been hard. So I guess I'll be looking for a rear axle.

not sure if you wanna go aftermarket or stock ?
but i think i have an extra stock one at the shop,
ugly but straight
i'll let ya know tomorrow, and hook ya up really cheap if youd like ??

Yeah let me know. just lookin for a stocker axle. cheapest way to go. gonna sell as soon as I can get it fixed up.

Yeah let me know. just lookin for a stocker axle. cheapest way to go. gonna sell as soon as I can get it fixed up.

well then, looking to sale and make a profit does not qualify you for the awks special price of "just pay shipping", LOL
lemme look and see what i have

it woulda been free, just pay shipping,
but since your looking to sale the bike, lets say $10 for my time/gas, plus actual shipping costs, and i don't know how to estimate that, i'd rather just ship it, then tell you what it cost, and you paypal me that amount ???

which shipping method would you prefer, usps el-cheapo snail mail, or some type of 2-3 day priority ???

that is it is still standing in the corner behind my brooms ???

Not lookin for a freebie and appreciate what you do on Blasterforum and for us Blaster DUMMIES. I might be able to pick up an axle for $30.00 shipped. I'm trying to keep cost to a minimum so I can sell it cheap. I buy non-running Blasters, fix them and sell them for $100.00 over what it cost me to get them running. Just do it to to keep me busy during the winter and to keep Blasters alive.

i believe the last one i shipped was $25 ???
i'll see if i even have it,
lemme know what ya find