Atv law

FIRST OF ALL i was in WOODS that was right down my street. i was not street riding. and i still got harrased so before you open your mouth and blame me for what others do in ur town you should go get a rain check. It takes a true ignorant person to blame me for all the ATV troubles there are plenty of people that street ride and do burnouts and fly down streets and cut thru yards and tear it up.... I WAS IN THE WOODS MINDING MY OWN BUSINESS. Some ahole probably somone like you8-| called the cops on me.

This forum is steadily getting chittier and chittier.

After everyone got banned it got like this.

Only certain ppl, you can hash it out pretty quickly who to stay away from.

As for the question... Cops can do whatever they want. If a cop goes to court and says you were riding your quad on the road and has a description of the quad... Who's the judge gonna believe? Certainly not you. Lol

I'd like you to show me with links to posts to support that claim ??

fact is, i had more reported posts daily back in january, than i have in the last 9 months
now, i rarely see any reported posts, and next to zero bickering, finger pointing, bashing, chatroom gangbangs, ect. ect.
and thats how it's going to stay !

this place is 1000 times better without those who caused daily disruptions.

if you don't like it here, and would enjoy a glorified chatroom instead ?
i can give you a link to go join the window lickers ?

Last edited:
if a police officer did not catch you and ur quad is in ur garage what can they do?

fleeing and eluding on/in any motorized vehicle is a felony :eek:
way more than enuf for a police officer to easily get a search warrant, search your property, confiscate your quad, and you end up with a felony record.
felonies always look good on job applications and gun permit applications I:I

if you're not on your own property, or a sanctioned, liscenced riding area/trail/road ?
you are breaking the law, period.
which does indeed look bad for our sport, and causes hassles for everyone who owns an atv/dirtbike

don't get me wrong, 90% of us do it, me included.
i'm just answering your question.

Last edited:
In New York state the best thing you can do is have your ride insured and registered. Then the worst they can hit you with is tresspassing. Not to sure about the laws in your area.

This lucky officer caught twelve of us heading back to where we unloaded. Riding down the side of the road. No point in running he was waiting for us at our vehicles. Ten of the twelve got either a ticket for no registration or no insurance. My self and another guy had our junk legit and got nothing. I think the guy was getting writters cramp and let us go. Everyone that was ticketed paid a fifty dollar fine. One guy that blew it off paid two hundred and fifty.

It cost sixteen dollars for a registration and I pay fifty dollars a year to insure three quads. Well worth it to be able to not have to run from the law.

In my state you dont have to have insurance on an ATV, but it does need to be registered.

However, I still cant ride anywhere it isnt posted. So, if I got caught riding on the street, I could get fined for it, although Im not sure how much.