are nerf bars good for trail riding

danstafford

Feb 1, 2012
I'm just wondering cause we do a lot trail riding and a lot of hill riding to. But we get into some nasty places and deep mud holes

If you have ever had a boot slip off the footpeg, you would realise the importance of Nerfs and heelguards.

Saves a crap load of pain.

I like the idea of having them on the trail because if you slide out in a corner, it will help protect your leg if you slide into a tree. It may help if you kick up lager branches .

I'm an opposer of the nerfs for two reasons, one always seems like a pain to shift, and if you have to push your blasty front or back a few feet hard to straddle with the wide nerfs, But heel guards are a must! I just personally don't like riding with nerfs-JMO!

I'm an opposer of the nerfs for two reasons, one always seems like a pain to shift, and if you have to push your blasty front or back a few feet hard to straddle with the wide nerfs, But heel guards are a must! I just personally don't like riding with nerfs-JMO!

Good point, but you can always just push from the rear grab bar and Ken forward a little if you need to turn the bars... Whatever floats your boat slick! ;)

Ill just go with the heal guards I buddies honda 300ex he has nerfs and sits low but mine sits kinda higher and he was having trouble. So far knok on wood I've been staying on mine. Were we ride he get into some nasty sitcuations but my blastiod hasn't failed me yet I go threw stuff that 4x4 go threw and having to pull them out when there stuck. That's why I can mine blastiod the disaster blaster

I like the protection the Nerfs offer , I've seen some hideous injuries that could have been prevented if they had them . I'll stick with them .

I love the nerf bars I have I got a cheap set from Motosport.com
and I ride in the woods one thing though they do make
ur blasty a little wider so it's hard when you have a tight
fit I between trees other than that love em

i would go with the nerfs i mainly trail ride mine and i dont have any problems like getting stuck in mud and they help to catch branches and limbs