ARE 660'S WORTH A DAMN

oldskooolracer

Feb 16, 2008
MY COUSIN HAS A 002OR 03' WITH AN 04 TRANS

HE'S SELLING IT FOR PRETTY CHEAP TO PAY TO FIX HIS BIKE FOR RACING.

ANY THOUGHTS

Depends on what you want it for. They're fast stock, and exhaust, intake, and rejet makes a big difference, much more than most 4 strokes. You can ride wheelies all day long too, if that's what you're into. That's about all they have going for them though, they're too narrow and tippy, and they're a little too wheelie happy, to the point that you just want to accelerate but you can't keep the nose down. To get one to the point that it's a good all-around machine requires aftermarket suspension. The raptor 700's are far far ahead of the 660's in just about every category, power is the only category they're close, and 700 still takes it.

That being said, i've seen 660's go for dirt cheap since the 700's came out, i've seen them as low as 2,500 for one in good shape. At that price you do get a lot of quad for your money.

Depends on what you want it for. They're fast stock, and exhaust, intake, and rejet makes a big difference, much more than most 4 strokes. You can ride wheelies all day long too, if that's what you're into. That's about all they have going for them though, they're too narrow and tippy, and they're a little too wheelie happy, to the point that you just want to accelerate but you can't keep the nose down. To get one to the point that it's a good all-around machine requires aftermarket suspension. The raptor 700's are far far ahead of the 660's in just about every category, power is the only category they're close, and 700 still takes it.

That being said, i've seen 660's go for dirt cheap since the 700's came out, i've seen them as low as 2,500 for one in good shape. At that price you do get a lot of quad for your money.

true true

Guy I know from work wants to sell his 660r I'm not sure what year yet but he said 3k. I know if I go look at it I can talk him down by pointing stuff out but is it worth it?

Depends on what kind of a rider you are. For most people, one in stock form won't be good enough after a couple months of it. The stock suspension really makes them a handful to control if you're trying to use all that power. By the time you spend all that money to put aftermarket suspension on it worthy of the power these things make, you're just better off in the long run with spending another $2500-3000 and getting a used 700r instead. They're not a real well-rounded machine, kinda like the banshee. Fast as hell in a straight line but not good for much else in stock form.

I have a 2003 660 that is piped,jetted,air filter and all the other goodies its a stage2. Its fast and loud....I like it I also have a 2002 blaster it like apples and orange's

WTF, yes it is...I have a 2001 240cc Blaster, 2003 Blaster (ported and polished), and a 2002 Raptor 660R...I can tell you from riding the two, there is a huge difference, not just in power but everything.

You can't compare a blaster to a raptor. Like he said, it's like apples and oranges.

Riding a 2-stroke then riding a 4-stroke is two different riding styles. There is power through the entire throttle for a 4-stroke and power in the powerband in the 2-stroke.

Have you ever ridden a Raptor, B14573r?

Like YamaRider said, they are fast as hell, very wheelie friendly but other than that, they suck in the turns unless you get better suspension, by then you might as well buy a 700R. YamaRider hit the nail on the head.

Another really bad thing that I don't like about raptors are, they are very heavy, and you can feel it when you are powering them around corners/jumps.