Anyone know what 2 plug ins these are

Zbskater400

Aug 8, 2013
Massachusetts
Picked up a new wiring harness because mine was spanked and dont know what these 2 wires are

Attachments

• 20150717_112453.jpg
    20150717_112453.jpg
    893.2 KB · Views: 227
Blue is tail light. Green is oil level sensor. Those wires are at the back, right? Somebody has crimped those red connectors on.

Blue is tail light. Green is oil level sensor. Those wires are at the back, right? Somebody has crimped those red connectors on.
Yes they are all the way towards the back ad my tail light doesn't have those red connectors is there some way I could change those plug ins

A friend of mine had some of the OEM style bullet connectors with the yellowish/clear rubber cover. I used them to repair his wire harness. They came with the bike he bought. They were new and uncrimped. I don't know where you get them, but I would start with the Yamaha stealership. The red connectors that somebody crimped on there are universal automotive style connectors.

A friend of mine had some of the OEM style bullet connectors with the yellowish/clear rubber cover. I used them to repair his wire harness. They came with the bike he bought. They were new and uncrimped. I don't know where you get them, but I would start with the Yamaha stealership. The red connectors that somebody crimped on there are universal automotive style connectors.
Is there any way I could change the fitting to be the same as the headlight

Order of quality of connecting wires
Scotch locks--Very poor
Twisted together and taped--Poor
Crimped butt connectors--Fair
Soldered and covered with heat shrink tubing--Very good
Soldered and covered with the heat shrink tubing with glue on the inside--The best

No matter how you did it, it's not the end of the world if your tail light goes out. Now if you fudge up your CDI wiring, that could leave you stranded and cause injury or death.

you can get a connector kit at a store for $3 dollars
solder gun with solder probably $10 bucks
i have both:D...you could probably collect cans and get the heat shrink tubing:eek:

Order of quality of connecting wires
Scotch locks--Very poor
Twisted together and taped--Poor
Crimped butt connectors--Fair
Soldered and covered with heat shrink tubing--Very good
Soldered and covered with the heat shrink tubing with glue on the inside--The best

No matter how you did it, it's not the end of the world if your tail light goes out. Now if you fudge up your CDI wiring, that could leave you stranded and cause injury or death.
I'll look into soldering I forgot about that because I do have some and all that to do it so just solder it and put tape around or something better

And all my wires are perfect but the tail light wires were weird and just trying to figure out the best way I could do it so I'll never have a problem with my tail light do I need a soldering gun or can I just use the solder and torch ? Lol I don't usually solder but I can do it so bare with me

A soldering gun is the best way. The key is to get the wires hot enough to melt the solder when you touch the solder to the wires. Be sure to use rosin core solder. Heat shrink is real simple. Just cut off a piece about an inch long and slide it up the wire. After the solder joint is cool, slide the heat shrink over the connection and shrink it with a lighter. Keep the lighter moving. Ordinary heatshrink shrinks to 1/2 it's original size. The good stuff with glue inside shrinks to 1/3 it's original size.