anyone know about gas gas 300 cc quad?

bagds101

Jul 6, 2010
tucson az
there is one on craigslist near me. they are power valved 294cc 49hp 2 stroke quads. i was wondering if anyone knows anything about them.

there is one on craigslist near me. they are power valved 294cc 49hp 2 stroke quads. i was wondering if anyone knows anything about them.

They're awesome atv's in stock form. Hold their own very well against pipped banshee's. Suspension is top notch, brakes are brembos all around, headlight has a fan inside of it to get rid of moisture and heat. Very wide and light in stock form aswell. Only down side is parts are $$$

How much is it going for? Top notch ATVs. They were in the same class as KTM, Cannondale, and some of the other "specialty" manufacturers that threw out super high end quads. Cannondale and Gas Gas are kind of weird because they both make their $$$ on high end bikes, and enduro bikes, but decided to give ATVs a shot. I don't believe Cannondale does it anymore, but somebody said Gas Gas is still around just outside the US. They have been gone out of the US for quite some time now. Gas Gas has probably been the most elite of that group though in terms of high end accessories. Basically think of it as an "exotic" quad. The only real downside was they were 2 strokes competing against 4 strokes, but they put out great power and were great quads all the way around.

gas gas still makes the 200 and 300 available for order from spain although I do not believe they have U.S. dealers. both models had motors taken from there high end enduro motorbikes and are race ready stock ...

I have a friend rebuilding one right now and this is all the info I got. The 300 is two-stroke, six speed manual, keihen carb stock, no electric start/kick only, chain driven. Stock suspension has 11inches of front travel rear is 12, disc brakes all around, 3.2 gallon tank. Stock measurements are 47 inches wide. They also have douglas wheels stock and maxxis tires not to mention full stock racing nerfs.

I have seen this bike personally torn down and thhe quality is amazing but 99lrd is right, parts must be ordered directly from gasgas in spain and are outrageous. If you could score one in good condition I would do it though they are siccckkk...

I always wanted a 200 it's like a blaster o steroids ordering one is 10 grand not including shipping from spain. I would bet hands down that 300 would destroy a 250r

dang i was hoping no one saw that thing ive been keeping an eye on it. they are made in spain and are extremely high powered 2 stroke power plants with top of the line chassis and chassis components. they were released to sell in the US in the late 90s to early 2000s then they kinda just disappeared, they arent cheap to own since all parts had to be shipped from over seas and not much is interchangeable on them. to own one would definitely be a feat but guaranteed to turn heads with some raw modern 2stroke power. before they disappeared i heard they were developing fuel injection for their 2strokes n other amazing feats,,,to bad we dont have them anymore.. i think the company still exists in spain

they only want a grand. i like the ohlins shocks. dont worry alex. i cant afford it right now. its been on there for a while. offer him 800 bucks

they only want a grand. i like the ohlins shocks. dont worry alex. i cant afford it right now. its been on there for a while. offer him 800 bucks

It's well worth it for a grand. They were retarded expensive new. Their resale is just crap because of parts.

Gas Gas actually is and always has been booming as a tech and enduro bike company. They still sell top end bikes left and right in Europe. I'm not sure about dealers in the US. They probably have like a handful in the US somewhere that still sell quads as privateer dealers. The last I saw they had like a 200, 240, 300, and 450 4 stroke. I heard they were working on some 500cc 4 stroke, but no clue if they released it. They still make the quads to my knowledge but they aren't even listed on their site.

But for a grand, it's well worth it. For that price, you can deal with replacement parts AS LONG AS IT'S IN GOOD SHAPE. The 300 2 stroke engine is pretty beefed up. You can probably still get more power out of it with porting and piping(good luck), but you might need to watch the fuel. The petrol in Europe is a racier jungle juice than the watered down US stuff. It's probably meant to run on 95-98 octane straight from the factory.

I'd buy it though....unique.

yeah i was thinking about trading my blaster for it. only thing is... if it ends up needing a new top end, where to find one and how much. blasters are cheap, but even maxed out they dont push near as much hp as those do stock. but i was looking online and they were like 8k brand new. maybe get it and do a blaster 300 2 stroke swap

yeah i was thinking about trading my blaster for it. only thing is... if it ends up needing a new top end, where to find one and how much. blasters are cheap, but even maxed out they dont push near as much hp as those do stock. but i was looking online and they were like 8k brand new. maybe get it and do a blaster 300 2 stroke swap

That kind of defeats the purpose. You are just putting a stronger motor out of a great chromoly chassis into an inferior steel chassis...and you're still stuck with the same rebuild dilemma.

The 300 uses a 72.00mm stock bore. I know it may sound dumb, but you may be able to find another quad/bike/etc. that runs a 72mm bore(Blaster 240 for example) and the piston MAY(I heavily state MAY) be compatible for that engine as an oversized piston. If not, companies like Wiseco still sell the stock bore piston and you can:

A: have it resleeved each time
B: contact Wiseco and see if they can price you for a custom oversized piston since they already have the 300's specs, just need an oversized one.