Anyone have crank main bearing journal measurements?

BrandonH

Jul 23, 2014
Plant City, Florida
I went to put the crank back in the stator side engine case today, and it went in smooth, a hair snug but was able to do it by hand without heat (weird). So I tried the other side, and it slide right on the crank no heat. Not loose but no force at all either to slide it on.

Has me a little weird out, so I pulled out my micrometer and took a measurement. Took 3 measurements on each side.

Trans side main bearing journal
.9837"
.9838"
.9838"

Stator side main bearing journal
.9839"

Does anyone else have measurements of a good crank I can compare? The manual does not list this. There are no heat marks on the bearings or crank so it never spun on it.

Ok so I found this from back in 2010.

I measured the right side of the crank. The bearing surface dia. is .984" the length is .594. The next part of the shaft measures .783" dia and is 1.462" in length. The threaded end of the crank measures .566" in length.

Hope this helps!

So it sounds like the bearing surface on the crank is fine based off those measurements. I doubt .0003" will matter. And the bearings look untouched.

Why does the crank fall in without needing a puller, or even heating the bearing? Normal?