anybody got a spare axle?

just the axle, i buggered up the hub threads knocking the axle out of the carrier. guess i thought having the nut on the threads and a socket over the nut would keep them good but i bent the threads right over :(

Do you have a local machine shop? I did the same thing and took it to my cousins machine shop and he machined American threads onto it. It was super cheap and took like 10 minutes.

yea we coudl probably do that here at work but i was concern with the strength since i'm assuming you had to step down a size.

You said hubs right? Like where the nut screws down on to hold the hub? There is no weight on that specific peice because the nut is pushing and nothing is hitting it. I think I got mine machined to like a 1/2" I think. The hub absorbs all pressure on the wheels and sends it through the swingarm to the shock.

The proper machine shop term for what you would ask for is "Stubbing". Drill and tap out the old stub with the drill/taps for the threads that the old stub had on them. Loctite in a new stub. Usually turns out stronger then the original as a piece of quality all thread is used for the replacement and the stressers that would normally be in the corner of the stub are transferred to the entire stub which is within the axle.

N