anybody ever fill their bar with silicone?

Feb 28, 2010
Kailua-Kona, HI
my buddy said one of his old 2 stokers had a vibe problem and they filled the bars up with silicone and it helped alot.. so I got to thinking maybe it would help like an antivibe bar clamp? LOL who wants to spend money on the stem to use the damm clamps? I did it on my 450 and don't wanna spend big bux on my 250 too. I'm actually trying to find a bent bar so I can cut the top off and weld it to me stock stem LOL :D BUT I'm also considering trying the silicone thing.. dunno, I will do the weld thing if I can score a bent bar and maybe even find someone willing to cut it off and sell it to me cheap :D

Over at BHQ a guy filled a set of stock banshee bars with expanding insulation foam , he said it was like night and day and then did the same to his new tag fat bars and same result , instant vibe reduction , far fatigue , arm pump etc.

i've heard that shotgun shell lead bb's works the best, but adds a ton of weight

Ive never had a problem with vibration on the bars and I have no sort of "filling". If all you can do is think that the handle bars vibrate too much then you are not riding hard or fast enough... Blasters were not made to putt around on...

I will be cutting and extending my stem as well as foaming it very soon. I filled my YFZ frame with foam and oh boy did it make a crazy difference!!!!