ANY ONE HAVE A KAWASAKI TECATE???POST THEM UP (PICS)

tecate_gt5

Jul 20, 2008
for ppl who have no idea about this trike/quad here is a god chance to learn about these rare and very very very did i say very fast machines. this quad/ trike was made from 84-85(change in whole trike engine frame everything)86-87 87-88(was the quad) (which i have)

these fast trikes specially the 86-87 will eat almost any thing to this day alive craptors,yfz,trx450s, 250r's,the 450s in general, banshees, ds650s..... there wieght is 275lbs ready to ride and have a rwhp of 40-46 (depending on dynos) this was also the real first true race ready atv ever made lower faster better handling then other makers at the time

the 87-88 quad was made becauce of idoits who didnt know how to ride three wheelers and made massive law suits so the companys stoped making them, this quad is also extremely fast but not as fast do to the added weight and engine diffreneces. it ran agains the trx 250r and lt250 these bikes are more know because they stuck around a few extra years because of the dark age in at years when companys made 4x4s instead,

the 84-85 are the first gen. of tecates the didnt have powervalves, good frames or styling but they where still extremly fast and still are

so if any one has any thing to ad ad it this is a learning experence your all people about the atv history of racing i win be adding more as time goes on posting pics of tecates and info of them

so please if have/know about these asume machines put some words down

i love tecates and three whellers and try to tell ppl about them.

so put up pics words and have fun with this!!!!!!!!!I:II:II:II:II:II:II:II:I

Ive been looking for one for a while now. A friend of mine has a Tecate 4 and i love it, but they are extremely rare and i cant find any near me.

the lt 250.... beat a tecate4 or 3! it must have massive mods or one really good rider, the 86 tecate has no top speed (meaning it has a endless top end like when a 250r or banshee flat lines the tecate [yr86] keeps pulling its flat line is some where in the outer reaches of space) most ppl say about 80 but it keeps climbing slowly.

they are very rare and can be vary expensive. if there clean oem stock they can sell for 6500 easy thats just the quad the 86 87 tecate3 as much as 7 to 8 g's, no im not exsadrating.

the buy on the blaster over the tecate was not wise, yeah the blasty has masive amount of after market, but the tecate is an investment, buy one for 1500 and put 2 g in it and sell it down the road for 5 to 6 g's... not to speak of all the heads that turn! ;p

corey sprock of sprock racing in mo. has 265 300 330 to 350 stroker kits that are reliable! ilr motorsports has a 530 kit thats for drag racing/dunning and also a 420 330 370 300 265... so if you look hard there are ppl who build kits and parts for these mightyy michines!

yeaa the quad was 500 and it needed some small stuff and the blaster was ready to go so i just went with that ..

yeah it is i wish mine coul look like that! and its on its way im in the middle of a looooonngg rebuild (cash ran out) :( and that is true the tecate are the fast quad made evan by todays 450s they dont drop power they just keep reving.... when i was at pismo my buddies 440 pipe and jetted z was in 4 and i was still in 2nd gear with blown powervales and poor pnp that i found after i went to pismo so when i fix the valves and get it pnp right it will kill!!!

yeah it is i wish mine coul look like that! and its on its way im in the middle of a looooonngg rebuild (cash ran out) :( and that is true the tecate are the fast quad made evan by todays 450s they dont drop power they just keep reving.... when i was at pismo my buddies 440 pipe and jetted z was in 4 and i was still in 2nd gear with blown powervales and poor pnp that i found after i went to pismo so when i fix the valves and get it pnp right it will kill!!!
yours looks good though (considering the poor thing is like 20 years old) I:I

yeah my first post on this thread.... the pic of the tecate-4 is mine the ttecate3 is a pic off the internet but thats a hella nice one thats why i used that pic..... i got a lot of tecate pics a couple of mine and and the rest is other ppls the 86/7 tecate3 smokes almost every thing today in the quarter mile the eighth still smokes most anything stock no aftermarket parts besides a silencer the stock one is very free flowing but ways a ton so that would be the only aftermarket i would sugjest for a 86/87 tecate-3 cause it would be lighter than stock (i know cuz ive held both)

These quads are very rare just about any where these days, and not many people have heard of them, the reason no one has seen them is because they are older then most members on this forum, and the short time they were sold! But i did see one recently right here in my lil town for around $1000 i think, on cragalist and it looked to be in decent shape! Id like to see some more pics to though!!

for sale 1400 cash 87 tecate 4

Attachments

• CIMG1196.JPG
    CIMG1196.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 5,601