Anti-vibe stem

I have a set of new Tag T2 fat bars I would part with. They are a higher bend but not ape hangers lol. I am not sure of the bend but I can take some pics for ya and measure. Just let me know..

I have a set of new Tag T2 fat bars I would part with. They are a higher bend but not ape hangers lol. I am not sure of the bend but I can take some pics for ya and measure. Just let me know..
Yea take some pics. I really want gold bars. But let me check them out.

This is a 3" stem lift. Actually the photo angle and lens make it look taller than it looks in life.
Just cut the stem between the bearings and added a length of tube overlapped 1" both ends and welded.

524316_10150946179985803_1811176455_n.jpg

The handle bars are a braced high bend cheap aluminum bar with Acerbis plastic lightweight guards.
I am 5'11", my son is 6'2" and we both like the 3" stem lift.
For standing riding I prefer a little more space from my footpegs to my butt so I am lowering my pegs 2".

About stronger bars, if you roll the Blaster and hit on the bars, something has to give.
If you make a part more rigid, the parts behind it will take the stress.
Better to replace or straighten bars than stem or frame.

Steve

i bet my wiring is cleaner :cool: i just wrapped it today. the whole wiring for my quad is 16" long and 5 wires :p

benefits of having CDI in airbox

Update:

So my stem from LSR will be here tomorrow. Finally. I hope it's worth the wait. I have new 1 1/8" bars, oury grips, fab tech stabilizer, and new throttle to install. Will be posting up pics when all put back together, and a ride report.

Reactions: jus_me
Alright so here it is. It's not done. I need to move the steering stabilizer. Where it's at it hits my front hood. I could just drill a hole for it to ride through. Kinda like a speed hole. Haha. And I have to adjust my toe. Anyways, I'm gonna try and get the stabilizer right tomorrow. And I'm not sure about the hand guards. They don't follow the line of the bars like my previous ones. But they will still protect my hands.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

So I changed the location of the steering stabilizer. Worked perfect with no trimming of plastics. Couldn't be happier. If you look in the second pic, you can see the adjustment knob sticks just a bit out past the plastics. Perfect for adjusting.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

So ran into a couple speed bumps. Steering is tight. Probably the paint where it rides in the clamps. Hopefully it will loosen up. Also, I can't adjust my toe out any further. Probably because where the tie rods attach on the stem, it's probably a bit wider. So, I have to adjust my spindles to come out further so I can achieve the adjustment.

With them so toed in in the front, it makes for crappy turning radius, and probably a bit of the harder turning. Being I have to lift more of the bike over the tires when turning. If that makes sense.

Other than that, the ride is super comfy. Couldn't be happier. Although adjusting the a arms wasn't on my to do list. But hey...