ANOTHER Xbox 360 broke on me

buddy had to send his in, they sent him a tag so he could just take it to the UPS store and they boxed it up and sent it in, and he got like 3 free months of xbox llive. at least i was living there at the time so we had another one. my ole arcade is still going strong!

well thats kina good i guess my friends had to continue to pay even though they couldnt play it.. i would of never stayed with it..

ive had mine for a few years...no issues...i dont get how ppl get the RROD..keep the area free of stuff so it can breath and dont let it get dusty...i dunno man.

well thats kina good i guess my friends had to continue to pay even though they couldnt play it.. i would of never stayed with it..

yeah, it was gone 3-4 weeks and he got 3 months of free live and for those 3-4 weeks we used my console so it was a decent deal lol

ok i just put in a movie to watch in my xbox 360 and it freezes up so i turn it off then back on and it has the RROD this is like the 5th time its happened they sell sh*t and i dont see how the are in business still that sh*tty microsoft

You shouldn't use your xbox as a dvd player. Buy a $20 dvd player at walmart and save on your xbox.

x Box's are the bomb!
the towel trick isnt permanant and dont do it it can break even more stuf
just make sureits clean and in an open place i stick an old vhs under mine so the btoom vent holes can be used and if u have the older white ones or the elite dont stand it up straight it will block off the ventilation holes
i know i played xbox solid for a long time and reserched alot about it.
also dont get a fan that plugs into it they use more energy adn make it hotter

Ok, time for my 2 pennies!
RROD?! Go buy another 360 like your's. swap the cases and hard drive, put your's back in the box and take it back to wally world and say it RR as soon as you turned it on.
I "know" someone who has done this 3 times so far

Last edited:
Ok, time for my 2 pennies!
RROD?! Go buy another 360 like your's. swap the cases and hard drive, put your's back in the box and take it back to wally world and say it RR as soon as you turned it on.
I "know" someone who has done this 3 times so far

use to do that with the ps2 when i had it. 2 broke on me, went to best buy, all i had to do was swap out the vin sticker.
the towel trick might work, but it will f*ck up things more than it helps.
and for those that say ps3 is better, didn't they have major problems for the first year and half they were out. the blu-ray player never worked.
i had my xbox for some time now, going on 2 years. haven't had a problem once. do you guys thing maybe it overheats because you never give it a break?

use to do that with the ps2 when i had it. 2 broke on me, went to best buy, all i had to do was swap out the vin sticker.
the towel trick might work, but it will f**ck up things more than it helps.
and for those that say ps3 is better, didn't they have major problems for the first year and half they were out. the blu-ray player never worked.
i had my xbox for some time now, going on 2 years. haven't had a problem once. do you guys thing maybe it overheats because you never give it a break?

we have 2 ps3's that where when they first came out never had a prob so idk what your talking about

U can rebuild one with out the towel trick or taking it bak. I stripped mine totally down to the board, took a heat gunto it for 3 mins both sides, let it cool down 4hr. It worked ever since

most elites will get overheated becase they are black so they get hotter eaisier and the hole thing about them having a better cooling system is a big pile of sh*t