Another jetting question

hotrodaj_2

Mar 23, 2010
Central California
Hard to find some info on the search so here's my question. I have a 34mm pj Keihin carb. I see main jets in the 140-160 range and then I see jets in the low 300's. Are these for different brand carbs. or what. I need to buy jets for a 240 kit and this confuses me. I have 148 main now.

Oops, I think I answered my own question. The jets in the 300's are for stock carbs. So to make this thread worth a damn, can you tell me what the fattest pilot and main jets people use in 240 kits. I'm lean with a 148 main. I think. I have some weird stuff going on right now. Plug looks great, engine getting way to hot.

i couldntr hazzard a gues to what you should be running , but im using an oko 30 on stock bore ported and piped etc, my main is 160 and i think it will be fat my pilot is 42 but its lean so im guna throm in a 48 or 50 nest time im out, im guessing when im done ill be somewhere in the 50's pilot and 150's main. so at agues with your mods im guna say your probably lean, but at the end of the day it depends on so much, temperature, altitude, mods etc so its a case of trial and error and doing you plug chops. read the jetting guide on here simply its awesome, its a long read but i gauartee you when you do you will be glad of the knowledge.

Ya, I know it'll be a trial and error process. 240kit, mild port work, fmf gold series pipe, 34 mm Keihin, CFM air box. I'm just looking for the fattest jets people run so I can find the top of the window for jets. I dont wanna piss money away on jets that are to big, but I need to take big swings at the jetting. I'm hurting parts.

mods in my sig............45 pilot, starts only with choke when cold, 1 kick every time when warm
needle clip in the middle, bogged bad on 4th notch, still slight bog, prolly gonna order a stock 250r needle.
main...... i started huge, 195, and worked down, anything bigger than the 155 in it and it runs like sh*t
i'd say 1 or 2 sizes bigger than my stuff should put ya close
oh, and i have a 165, 185, 195 mains, and some pilots too 50, 55, 60, i think, the mains are brand new, $6 a piece, 2 new pilots and one used(60)
make me an offer, before i return them to the dealers

I dont know what my pilot is yet. My needle was in the next groove up from center. I'm slowly finding out i'm lean. I like to buy stuff from rockymountainatv.com, they have great prices on some things. The jets they sell use the Keihin part number and are in the 2 to 3 dollar range (cant find out until monday if their true Keihin jets). Can you match that? I would like to do business with you before them. They are pretty big splits though. Let me get more info on what I have and need. I might take some