Another addition to family

Awk08

Administrator
Staff member
Technician
Jan 30, 2009
my buddy in the pic(rappy700) with his son on the bike, his dad had me go pic this up for him yesterday evening, supposedly only used on the farm and to drag a few deer, all in virginia, the owners sold the farm and moved back here .............

'91 trx300fw for $1500, fires right up, has a kickstarter too, motor sounds and feels very strong,
although it's geared very low, has a warn winch on it, A/M tires and wheels
the hour meter in the trunk shows 500 sum hours, plastics and racks all in good shape, brakes, lights and everything works so far, had new bearings installed in the rear diff.

anyone know anything about these things ??? seems to be full time 4 wheel drive ? as i see no way to disengage it ?? there is a busted off cable hangin by the hood that runs to the front differential ??
speedo or 4wd engage ???

downloaded the manual earlier but haven't had the gumption to read thru it yet

2hxz5l.jpg

From the factory the honda TRX300 fourtrax's were AWD. Warn did, for a time, make a 4-2-4 disconnect that basically replaced the front drive shaft with a selectable unit.

Inspect that cable coming from the front differential and make sure it's not the breather vent hose.

From the factory the honda TRX300 fourtrax's were AWD. Warn did, for a time, make a 4-2-4 disconnect that basically replaced the front drive shaft with a selectable unit.

Inspect that cable coming from the front differential and make sure it's not the breather vent hose.

thanx for the heads up, AWD !!!
i can clearly see it's a cable running up thru to the hood, prolly was for a speedo, as it connects to a little "off shoot case" thingy on the diff, that looks gear shaped

According to the Babbitt's Online part microfiche, there are only two things that come off the front drivetrain and both are ventlines, one off the transfers case and one off the differential.

If there is a warn 424 on it, it'll look like this:

WARN424.jpg

What kind of tires are they?

look and feel straight off the farm....tractor tires, LOL

he's already talkin about getting another complete set for daily summer riding, and put these "teeth jarring" ones back on only for deep snow/hunting

ok, my bad, maybe i meant this cable comes off the transfer case ? not the front differential

in the orange circle...............

2s67j9w.jpg

ok, my bad, maybe i meant this cable comes off the transfer case ? not the front differential

in the orange circle...............

27yubuf.jpg

That's the transfer case on the TRX300's and a cable coming off that would probably be a speedometer cable because I'm not seeing any factory cables there.... the speedometer would have been a dealer option and installed by the dealer and wouldn't show up on the parts diagrams.

That's the transfer case on the TRX300's and a cable coming off that would probably be a speedometer cable because I'm not seeing any factory cables there.... the speedometer would have been a dealer option and installed by the dealer and wouldn't show up on the parts diagrams.

again good info, no wonder i couldnt see anything in the manual, even the pics don't show a speedo, maybe i have a look on ebay ??

I bought a dealer option speedometer for my Bayou way back when off Ebay from a dealer that was closing.

$29 brand new, whole kit. Kawasaki doesn't list it in the normal parts diagrams....