Amzoil comparision

Real informative, fed! As a mechanic who works on air-cooled engines every day of the week, I can say that Amsoil does live up to at least some of its claims. My boss won't run anything else in his equipment. I soon found out why.

I recently popped the valve covers on a couple of the Kawasaki air-cooled engines in his fleet to reset the valve lash, and they practically fell apart once the bolts were taken out. Underneath, there were no stains, debris, burnt spots, or discoloration. I didn't damage a valve cover gasket, either. The engines looked new inside, and only needed the valves reset by less than .010".

These motors have been run 8-10 hours a day, at full (governed) throttle (3,300RPM) all summer long, for at least 4 years and counting. For an engine which is designed to last about 2,500 hours, yet is still running like new at 2K with no smoking or oil consumption, I'm impressed. Can't argue with oil performance like that. I just got ahold of some Amsoil Interceptor oil for the Blaster and can't wait to switch from Bel-Ray and try it. It will be tested. Hard.

Last edited:
Nice nice I run my blaster long hull for a while in 6th gear an I run Amsoil HP injector oil an it works great so my motor garentee my engine is probly clean!:)

there's a parts store just a couple blocks away that's an amsoil dealer, after i run through my klotz i'm gonna switch

ive always ran either interceptor or dominator at 32:1. the other day i changed the plug and i noticed the piston looks brand new, like shiney new metal. could even read the part number on the top:)

• DOMINATOR® Synthetic 2-Cycle Racing Oil (TDR)
    DOMINATOR®, an AMSOIL exclusive formulation, lubricates and protects high-performance two-cycle motors, both on and off the track. High-performance motors, particularly those that are modified, operate hotter and at higher RPM than recreational motors, and they need good oil for peak performance. DOMINATOR is engineered for racing. It has the right film strength and clean-burning properties for “on the edge” operation.
    * Not suitable for long-term use in outboard motors as a TC-W3 type oil, although excellent as a race oil for short-term use where motors are periodically inspected.
  • Provides excellent film strength for high heat, high RPM motors
  • Reduces friction for maximum power
  • Recommended for use with coated or non-coated racing pistons
  • Suitable for use with exhaust power valves
  • Recommended for use with high octane racing gas
  • Burns clean; helps prevent ring sticking and plug fouling
  • Provides excellent protection at 50:1 pre-mix or in injection system
See Article: Two-Cycle Engine Applications and Lubrication Needs
Super Film Strength
High-performance two-cycle motors have high compression ratios, which significantly increase combustion chamber heat and crankshaft bearing pressures. Hot combustion processes quickly burn off and evaporate light oils and cause rapid piston expansion, decreasing piston-to-cylinder wall clearances. This promotes piston scuffing and possible seizure, and increased pressure on crankshaft bearings promotes metal-to-metal contact, wear and pitting.
High heat and pressures require tough oil with better film strength and more lubricity. DOMINATOR, constructed with AMSOIL heavy synthetic oil, handles high heat better than mineral oils and provides improved film strength and lubricity. DOMINATOR reduces friction and provides an extra measure of protection against piston scuffing and crankshaft bearing wear.
Clean Burning
High combustion processes require the proper additives and oils to control deposits. DOMINATOR contains strong, high-temperature detergent additives and highly pure AMSOIL synthetic oil. It helps prevent deposits that cause ring sticking, plug fouling and exhaust port blocking. DOMINATOR is an optimized product for severe service.
Applications (2-Cycle Recommendations Chart)
DOMINATOR is recommended for use in high performance stock or modified two-cycle motors, including air or liquid cooled snowmobiles, personal watercraft, motorcycles (Moto X), ATVs, go-carts and outboard motors*. Good for use with coated or non-coated pistons, high-octane racing fuels and exhaust power valves. Compatible with most other two-cycle oils, however, mixing oils should be minimized.
Use at 50:1 pre-mix ratios (2.6 oz. oil per U.S. gallon of gas) or as injection oil where JASO FC or API TC oils are specified. Not suitable for use with alcohol or nitro-methane fuels.
2cycle_chart.gif

Ive ran just about every product amsoil they make. the only product that I dont say to run according to the mfg recommendations is the 2 stroke product you run 100:1. I dont know the name, but the 2 different big motors Ive tried it in failed from bearing and piston lube seizure.

I run all their products in my 2000 ford excursion diesel 4x4 with 200+k miles on it. my tranny looked brand new at 175k and the diff gears look the same at 200k when I checked em.

I love their stuff.

the only product that I dont say to run according to the mfg recommendations is the 2 stroke product you run 100:1. I dont know the name

Your probably talking about the saber 100:1 thats what i run in my bikes and one of the blasters but i mix it at 50:1. My dad has used it on his chainsaws running it at 100:1 for years with no problems but i still havent tried it. I use the dominator injector oil on the other blaster. I have ran amsoil everything since day one even air filter oil lol Its good stuff. Probably one of the most impressive things to me is dads toyota. Using the high mileage oil he changes oil every 40,000 miles or so and right now it has 430,000 miles only thing ever done to the motor was timing chain was changed one time, truck still runs good as new.

He changes engine oil every 40,000 miles?

That's actually a reasonable oil change interval if you use Amsoil. Their HD synthetic oil is supposed to be good for up to 50K or one year, whichever comes first. It all depends on how the vehicle is driven. I'd be more worried about oil contamination (from water, blow-by, etc...which happens in any 4-stroke engine) and worn-out additive packages if I left oil in my crankcase that long.

with the right setup, those yota with the 22r can climb just about anything. plus you can abuse that engine all day too.

i had a 87? 4 runner with the 22re.. on 33s.. truck was unstoppable!!!

i used the amzoil interceptor 2 stroke oil.. hated it the semll make me sick to my stomach... but i just picked up a quart of amzoil syntetic bike/atv oil for the trans of the lt250r