always something.....

xJust_Causex

Apr 14, 2010
york, Illinois
....So I got my new shock today thanks to super noober, so I decide to go riding. Well its a good thing the GF's brother went with me as he had to tow me back to the house after my bike and could not getting it to start and stay running. Every once in a while it would fire but would bog like a beast and then die. Hopefully its just water in the motor cause it started doing it after I went through some water, and I have to say either you guys without the airbox lids are extremely lucky, or you don't play in creeks and around the water, I drove through 3in. of water and it got into the airbox with the lid on, but I don't have the little snorkel thing that goes up by the gas tank. Well anyways had to share the fun, lol.

man the water thing happen to me when i first got my blaster, it also didnt help that we were in the middle of a storm lol

but about a month ago i went through a creek that was at the bottom of my frame or higher at the whole time and never had a bit of trouble

hmm, thats weird man. i run no lid and i hammer puddles and whatnot. i would check your reeds and plug. wish i would have know you needed the snorkle i would have tossed one in the box.

lol never really thought that I would have had this problem. I do need to check the reeds though, that did go through my mind at the time, cause that is what was wrong with it when we got it and it's showing the same symptoms as it did then. I don't know, I'll have to look it over tomorrow and see what I come up with.

well as an update, I changed the plug and it fired up on the first kick. cleaned the old one threw it back in and it fired run for a bit and started spuddering and bogging hardcore and finally died. So I put the new one back in and it fired right back up, let it warm up and went down the road and it ran like a striped assed ape. The old plug was kinda old, but I don't know how long it will last. I let my gf's brothers ride the bike and they put fuel in it, but mixed it 16.1 and when I pulled the plug they both where wet and the old one was pretty black, compared to the chocolate brown it was last time I pulled it a couple weeks ago. I'm letting the bike cool down a bit before I pull the new plug after I ran it, but hopefully this will be a fix and I can go back o riding with a sound peace of mind, and maybe a spare plug and plug wrench, lol.

i didnt have a lid eather but i did have the ruber piece for the airfilter.im thinking thats why..i still have one if you want it