Aluminum airbox pictures

79 bronco

Moderator & Self Custom Psycho
Staff member
Apr 9, 2010
I don"t know???????
Some pictures of my custom air box. I used a K&N air filter,its 6" long 4" DIA and is for a 2 7/8 flange.I:I

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 715
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 733
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 927
  • 096.jpg
    096.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 859
  • 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 623
Reactions: Drifz1
very nice work bro, i'd rather see a better filtering uni in there though, could you make a profit selling them for under $100,
the pb and cfm's are over a buck

cool stuff....but is the swingarm or shock going to contact it when you bottom out?

Not yet, and Its been on over 2 years. When I was fabbing it I squeezed the suspension to the bottom with a big A$$ ratchet strap.
I also made a cardboard airbox to see how it fit.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 491
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 464
very nice work bro, i'd rather see a better filtering uni in there though, could you make a profit selling them for under $100,
the pb and cfm's are over a buck

A profit ! i dont know, if tig welding 1/16 ga aluminum was not a pain in the A$$, then perhaps.

hey, i just noticed your in the 'burgh, right down the road in johnstown here, do you do some tig welding??? i need some custom cut/fit nerfs tigged???

sale that dirt allowing k&n to some honda civic kid with a fart can
and welcome to a real atv filter !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
thats sweet if i had those fabbin skills i wouldnt of bought mine

my dad runs k&n in all his trucks makes a huge!! difference in gas mileage and throttle response

nice fabbin there.. u should make sum $ selling ur work i'll be getting an aluminum box eventually and offing my k&n since i heard so much bad things about it especially since im running with no lid

there was a member here not too long ago that was selling one for 80 but i didnt jump on it. now i wished i had. he sold it tho.. wamp wamp

I seen that one to but passed on it. You can get a brand new one for $85 without the filter. I would pay no more then $65 with filter for a used one.

On eBay . Look for the one that has best offer. Offer him $75. With that price and shipping, it comes out to $85 for the box without the filter. I have done it myself but many people have posted that.