alot missinforming info on here..

S

SoloVRT61

Well my foolish ass decieded to do a front disk brake conversion, and after reading up on it, i found out on here..that banshee\warrior\03 front diskbrakes will bolt up to my 97 blaster.. boy was i in for a suprise.. I bought a set of 02 warrior front brakes, spindles , hubs ect.. well almost $200 dollars later i come to find out that my upper A-arm and tie rod will not fit in to the 02 warrior spindle.. I read on here that they would bolt rite up and they do not bolt up at all. The only other solution I can thnk of is mouting banshee A-arms and tie rods on my blaster..But i have no proof that they fit. and im not going to spend 200 dollars to take a chancebecuase someobyd claims that they fit.. I am pretty disapointed and wanted to put this out there..so if somebody is looking to do a disk brake swap and they decide to buy banshee or warrior spindles and hubs.. that they will not bolt up to the blaster A-arms or tie rods..

Jon

Well my foolish ass decieded to do a front disk brake conversion, and after reading up on it, i found out on here..that banshee\warrior\03 front diskbrakes will bolt up to my 97 blaster.. boy was i in for a suprise.. I bought a set of 02 warrior front brakes, spindles , hubs ect.. well almost $200 dollars later i come to find out that my upper A-arm and tie rod will not fit in to the 02 warrior spindle.. I read on here that they would bolt rite up and they do not bolt up at all. The only other solution I can thnk of is mouting banshee A-arms and tie rods on my blaster..But i have no proof that they fit. and im not going to spend 200 dollars to take a chancebecuase someobyd claims that they fit.. I am pretty disapointed and wanted to put this out there..so if somebody is looking to do a disk brake swap and they decide to buy banshee or warrior spindles and hubs.. that they will not bolt up to the blaster A-arms or tie rods..

Jon

If it was me.. I wud have researched sizes before buyin anything for that amount.. unlucky bro!!

i could not get a clear anwser on the spindles.. only way they will work is aftermarket A-arms..or banshee a-arms if they will fit..which i am not sure..I will make them fit one way or the other..but i just want people to know that you cant just buy everything and bolt it up..becuase if you research this..you will find in sevrals posts that tell you its as easy and bolting it all up..But in reality, Its not.

What most people do in this case is drill out the spindle to accept the upper ball joint then drill thru the spindle and ball joint and bolt it together. I've seen it done this way.

What most people do in this case is drill out the spindle to accept the upper ball joint then drill thru the spindle and ball joint and bolt it together. I've seen it done this way.

this is correct. In some manner. Im not sure I understand the part about "drill thrugh the spindle and ball joint and bolt it together" because your not goingto drill through the ball joint itself.

I even had to do this with my spindles for aftermarket a-arms (burgaurd) and ball joints.

Take your spindles and the a-arm to a machine shop and tell them what you want done. tell them the hole in the spindle needs to be taper reeamed to fit the ball joints tapered shaft.

I should cost ya around $60. or if you want you could ship them to me and I can have them done for ya for less. but Im way over here in cali.

I would like to know if Banshee upper and lower A arms will bolt rite up to my blaster..In which I will just use those control arms and tie rods..to put on my warrior spindles with out any major mods..

i know as a fact they wil lnot, no other a arms will just bolt up to a blaster ecept for ones made for them

i know as a fact they wil lnot, no other a arms will just bolt up to a blaster ecept for ones made for them

Have you personaly tried to fit Banshee A-arms on a blaster? becuase alot of people on here seem to be so sure about things but they have no acutal experience..

For example the 400ex shock, Most people say the air box needs to be cut to fit the resi.. Well this is not true..some heating and bending is needed..but no cutting..This is just an example..but you catch my drift..

If I was you, I would just resell those spindles an brakes you bought and just buy actual 03+ Blaster Brakes and spindles as I did so theres no hassle of modding something you dont have to.
HPIM0535.jpg

there is a custom set of spindles that have a plate that hold the calipers up forsale that i am debating on buying..before i go all out for 03 blaster brakes.. atleast i can use everything else with the modified spindles..

I bought a set of +2 wider, +1 forward a-arms that could solve your problem.
I was told that the ball joints were set up for a blaster using banshee brakes. I don't want to invest extra money in different brakes now, so I'm thinking of selling them. Let me know if you are interested.

Hmmmm?

I'm guessing nobody here welds? Sticking ANY A arm on is not a big deal. It's the triangle it creates and the parts that are attached. Move out too far, the steering link is too short, wrong angle, wrong swing, etc. You can run into alot of things. Remember one thing. All steel parts can be modified. From the rides I have been on I agree with B14573r, I'd bet none are "made" to fit the Blaster that were "made" for another model. In other words they didn't use the same set up, brakes, steering, et al on any other one. That said, no reason you can't make it work.

Here's a couple lessons I know:

1.Will the new version be serviceable?

Meaning when it goes, can you get parts off the shelf to bolt on or do you have to make custom stuff every time. I have always found it best to adapt systems that are inexpensive and common as air.

2.Is it sound?

Bubble gum and bailing wire do not a good mod make. If you do it, make dam sure your engineering is sound. Suck real bad coming into a turn at 65 and trying to brake and the left front hub fly's off. Live through that and you will understand how important this one is.

3.The internet is only one source of info, talk to someone who has done it.

That one's pretty simple.

That said, every muffler shop has a welder and for pretty cheap you can stuff welded. You just have to be sure what and where.

A

Just for the heck of it...

I went out and looked. The tab that holds the ball joint is an easy swap. I'm guessing the upper A is tubular, not solid (though it doesn't matter). You can cut a slice 90% of the way through the A on both arms and change the angle wicked easy too. Stop spending money and start finding resources. If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging. Check out what you have parts wise and figure out what you need to make it work. Then think outside of the box and find a way to get it done, lot's of ways to get stuff accomplished.

Oh yea, IF the Banshee or any others will accept the steering and brakes, The mounting is easy. Cut off the old bolt tabs and weld new ones in the correct position for the new A. There really isn't alot to the front suspension. It is however a system. Make sure all the stuff works as a system.

A