air scoops

liftedf250

Jan 24, 2012
central ca
I am looking to see if I make air scoops would any one be interested in buying them. I figure 35 a set and im planning on doing something i havent seen done yet and should be very cool. Looking at doing them in stainless, aluminum, and one other that ill show when i get them done. just need to get the blaster back first so I can get them done. If you would be interested let me know so i can see what kind of material would be needed.

Ok I spent alot of time today building templates and bending some scrap metal I had so I could tweek these just how I wanted. I got the first one done and think it looks good. I will post pics tomorrow after I take some good ones with camera.

Ok guys here are some pictures of the one I made so you can see what I hade in mind. These are clear but can be painted if wanted. You would paint on the inside and your paint job would look good all the time. you could also leave them clear and not have them block all that time and effort you took to paint and detail your bike. You can still see the frame. The second to last pic is what they will be when you recieve them just pull protective liner off both sides and you will have what the last picture shows. Ok tell me what you think.
2012-01-27_13-48-02_145.jpg

2012-01-27_13-48-20_165.jpg
]
2012-01-26_16-55-49_502.jpg

2012-01-26_17-06-17_737.jpg

Its all the same one I just painted so people could see how they look. Its just to bad I had to put them on our Blasturd as I dont have the good looking one back yet.

It takes to much heat to bend lexan. Lexan doesnt melt till past 550 degrees. at 550 degrees you can drape form it in a oven. I dont know how hot a pipe gets at idle but when riding they would be blowing air on the pipe. They also sit 3/4 +/- away from pipe (hard to see in pictures, sorry) Also if needed to clearence a different pipe you could cut them with a jig saw and make any clearence you need.

What do you think of them? design and look

they look pretty good, different thinking i like !!!!
hows the clearence to the a-arm when the suspension if fully compressed ??
anyway to make them angle the air downward a little more...like aimed at the cylinder ?????

3/4 - 1 inch clearence all the way on suspension travel. I think they are going to force alot of air towards the cylinder and also help push air through the bike in effect sucking air away from the head on the back side also help in cooling as you are moving more air away faster. I will look into what you are saying though.

3/4 - 1 inch clearence all the way on suspension travel. I think they are going to force alot of air towards the cylinder and also help push air through the bike in effect sucking air away from the head on the back side also help in cooling as you are moving more air away faster. I will look into what you are saying though.

what i was seeing was to rotate the top back further, by moving the top mount hole forward, changing the whole angle downward slightly, that looks to involve taking some material off the backside for pipe clearence, to let it rotate
i guess that could be done by moving the bottom forward also ?

I am looking to see if I make air scoops would any one be interested in buying them. I figure 35 a set and im planning on doing something i havent seen done yet and should be very cool. Looking at doing them in stainless, aluminum, and one other that ill show when i get them done. just need to get the blaster back first so I can get them done. If you would be interested let me know so i can see what kind of material would be needed.

Is that $35 with or without shipping?

awk08 I had thought of moving the top farther back and yes I wold have to trim some off the back and the top. I would like to keep as much on the top as possible to help keep air pushing down.
No I have not made to right side yet as this material isnt cheep and dont want to waste money as I am not working right now. I want to get the design dialed in before making a complete set. Thats why im looking for input from you all.
Wish I had a air meter to do some testing at cylinder. I am still working out the price and members here will be charged less than if I sell other places.
Awk08 what pipe are you running as it looks to me on the opposite side as the fmf we have on ours. I might need some measurments from you to see what kind of clearence these would have for your application.

there ya go, dakota volunteered for measurements, my bike is down the garage at my moms, dakota prolly sleeps with his

and i was just inputting my 2 cents, not looking to purchase, i run a version of my own design scoops