Air scoop

Looks good. I like yours better than mine, i like the curve mines a square box. I was also hesitant to put one on the right side of mine to since i have a right bend pipe aswell. I put it on anyway though. I still want to test and see if it actually does make a difference. I believe they will. It only makes sense..

more damn fine work !

i also see roost gaurds on them lights now ?

Looks good. I like yours better than mine, i like the curve mines a square box. I was also hesitant to put one on the right side of mine to since i have a right bend pipe aswell. I put it on anyway though. I still want to test and see if it actually does make a difference. I believe they will. It only makes sense..

Thanks! I wanted to make it curve and look different, most of the scoops that i see are square.

more damn fine work !

i also see roost gaurds on them lights now ?

Yah i had to do something the lights i got are junk i broke 3 lights last year, and 2 of them were at Awks wild ride. lol But thats what i get for riding your azz! lol

I was just playing with a piece of scrap aluminum expanded metal for a roost gaurd. Im just going to hold it on with some zipties

I think this winter im going to make a anti vibe steering stem with a new light mounting plate, and i will give these cheep lights a try.. 3" Work Light | AW Direct

Yah i had to do something the lights i got are junk i broke 3 lights last year, and 2 of them were at Awks wild ride. lol But thats what i get for riding your azz! lol

I was just playing with a piece of scrap aluminum expanded metal for a roost gaurd. Im just going to hold it on with some zipties

I think this winter im going to make a anti vibe steering stem with a new light mounting plate, and i will give these cheep lights a try.. 3" Work Light | AW Direct

nice lights and yeah i like how its on one side so no hot air from the pipe goes on, maybe you could make some and sell em?

I actually agree with you . Its not my thread so apologies, but i think same thing on scooping air from hot exhaust and throwing it twords the motor. What i did was angle the pipe side more twords the motor, yes as far as aerodynamics I'm sure i have tons of turbulance but that's what i want. I also believe the curved one like Bronco has would work better.. . I really want to test these. For what design works better,,,, or works at all..!! =

nice lights and yeah i like how its on one side so no hot air from the pipe goes on, maybe you could make some and sell em?

Before it start making them to sell i have to come up with a easier lower mount.

For my lower mount i welded a very simple frame gusset with 2 holes in it. if you look at my 2nd pic very closely you can see it.

I dont think people want to buy a air scoop that they have to weld to fit!

Before it start making them to sell i have to come up with a easier lower mount.

For my lower mount i welded a very simple frame gusset with 2 holes in it. if you look at my 2nd pic very closely you can see it.

I dont think people want to buy a air scoop that they have to weld to fit!

yeah would kinda suck i guess, i cant weld either

I see it. Mine goes to top of shock mount. You could really make a bracket to mount just about anywhere, you seem to know your metal work...:)

When i was fitting the air scoop up i had a fan in front of the blaster, and i was moving the scoop around trying to find the best spot. I could not tell much of a difference!

But i was joking around with some people and told them that i was going to hook some streamers to the fins on the cylinder and head and get a bigger fan so i can see the air flow to do some fine tuning on the scoop. lol :D

Here is some OLD pics of a pattern for a air scoop i was thinking about making. but i thought i looked a bit too big.

Hmmm.. you work with metal so you know like if you were to take two pieces of maybe 1/4 wide and however thick but cut a channel in the middle and use a butterfly nut or something to adjust angle and width at same time, move them in our out and change the angle on them? I can't think of the exact words... Streamers are a good idea though. put them on the head and see whats up, or all over the motor. One of those laser thermometers would be good to check temp.. I really don't have what you call a controlled area. But it wouldn't be hard to see if i took a temp at high temp point with fan on and quickly add scoops on and see if temp drops at all. I may install velcro or something to the brackets so i can quickly install scoops in seconds to see any temp change. Or like i said with a few butterfly nuts, with a bracket on both,, one to the frame and one on scoop both with center cut out for the bolt that you can move in and out (further and closer to motor) and angle in any way.

Scoops have to work, its just the matter of how big and at what angle' 250rs have them and there already liquid cooled. We're running only air cooled so any thing helps..i actually thought at one point to just extend the front fender inwards twords the motor. Its not like we're really looking for aerodynamics here. I cooler running engine is always good.. Heat kills engines.. how far from engine is the scoop? Mine are pretty far from motor,, i will measure tomorrow, i wish mine went a little closer though.. See you have changed your material since original proto type and have also made a new stator cover, sweet. Its hard to see your final result but from the original it seems the scoop throws air right at the motor , it has no way around it. That's what you want with just enough passing between head and engine. Put a few streamers on there with a fan and prove the point to everyone scoops move more air past the cylinder and head for a cooler running engine..

Scoops have to work, its just the matter of how big and at what angle' 250rs have them and there already liquid cooled. We're running only air cooled so any thing helps..i actually thought at one point to just extend the front fender inwards twords the motor. Its not like we're really looking for aerodynamics here. I cooler running engine is always good.. Heat kills engines.. how far from engine is the scoop? Mine are pretty far from motor,, i will measure tomorrow, i wish mine went a little closer though.. See you have changed your material since original proto type and have also made a new stator cover, sweet. Its hard to see your final result but from the original it seems the scoop throws air right at the motor , it has no way around it. That's what you want with just enough passing between head and engine. Put a few streamers on there with a fan and prove the point to everyone scoops move more air past the cylinder and head for a cooler running engine..

I really have to disagree here, an engine running cooler than it is designed to operate at will wear out a motor very quickly.

It is not the external heat that kills motors, it is heat produced by incorrect jetting, air leaks and running the motor on the edge that does damage.

post some pics of your scoops!

It dose not matter if the scoop works or not because i just wanted another reason to add more shiny diamond plate aluminum to my blaster!! lol

When i get home on Monday I'll post pics. I know it's internal heat that kills motors. Hence why diesels last allot longer but if I'm wot for miles id like the xtra cooling a scoop does, i can't see in any way scoops affecting running temp at slow speeds. Plus i got a nice spot for stickers. Some how we got off subject . Any how scoop looks good 79 bronco. You do "clean work" ...