air mixture screw ajusting need help

hillbillywv

Jul 3, 2010
i got a blaster has fmf fatty v-force reed k and n and has been jetted 320 main and 30 pilot motor maybe workd but idk but i had i issue with it missing got it fixed now it seems a il slugish i fig the air mixture screw is outta ajustment but i been playn with it just can gt it right how many turns do i need it at?

i got a blaster has fmf fatty v-force reed k and n and has been jetted 320 main and 30 pilot motor maybe workd but idk but i had i issue with it missing got it fixed now it seems a il slugish i fig the air mixture screw is outta ajustment but i been playn with it just can gt it right how many turns do i need it at?
Ideally, it should be between 1.25 and 2.25 turns. If it is outside of this range, you need to either go up or down on your pilot. And I would look for other reasons for it to be sluggish--if it was just the air/idle mixture screw, it would clear up at some point...

do a plug chop to tell for sure, but i'm betting she's running pig rich with that 320 main in it

make sure you don't have any air leaks as well

Yup. That would explain the problem (and could cause your engine to go boom). As suggested above, do a plug chop asap. And test for leaks. Start that sucker up, and spray WD40 around the intake boot/reed area. If the idle goes up, you have a leak...

she clears up when you get on it but yeah im pretty sure the jet said 30 it was missing horrible when i first got it but the pilot jet was clogd got it unclogd and she still slugish at low end i fig the pilot jet was to small myself but i didnt know what they where at stock what size jet should i b running and the air mixture screw is at 3 1/2 turns that around where she runs best and how do you do a plug chop?

i double check the pilot is a 30 so i going to go andget me a 35 and c if tthat fixes it i hope it does

yea with ur airscrew that many turns out u defently need a bigger pilot....but i would go with the stock 32.5 first, and start with 1 and half tirns out on the airscrew