air box or no air box?

1995blaster

Jul 30, 2009
i have a uni air filter that is mounted right at the end of the carb and i wanted to know if i shuld fab up something to put it back in the airbox cause i dont have any of the factory air box pieces it was like that when i bought it

i am running the same setup. i have all my airbox pieces but decided to just go with the uni on the carb. i dont feel any power difference, but it makes it easier to get your carb off and if you ride through water and mud then you should have an airbox. my buddy was running no airbox on his brand new ltz400 and 3rd ride out he sucked up water and the end. he had to pay 700 bucks to get the motor rebuilt and bore

Youre not as likely to permanently damage a 2 stroke with water as you would be with a 4 stroke, but to be honest, I just went from a Pod Filter off the carb, to a custom stock airbox setup (I ride through water and mud) and I actually noticed a power gain not a loss.

well i am gonna be goin through alotttt of water and mudd today but almsot no other time so i think ill take that risk

Good luck with water and that pod filter.

Mine would die and not start for 10 minutes every single time I ever tried going through water and mud in it until I got that stock intake tube and modified it for my carb.

yeah i know but i was wondering if its worth the risk or not but i rode it through some mud todau and it soaked the air filter and wouldnt idle without dieing so im gonna make an air box tomorrow

luckily i only have to worry about mud and water about twice a year. so i just wont ride those 2 days lol