Aftermarket Clutch Kit?

DeJay1206

Sep 17, 2013
Leechburg, PA
Rebuilding my Blaster and thinking about putting in an aftermarket clutch kit. Is it worth it, and what gains will I see? Just smoother shifting? Not sure if it's worth the money. Let me know your opinions!

The tusk clutch kit is a good budget option.
The Driveline Performance clutches are my choice. Comes with an extra full size fiber to replace the wave washer and thin fiber.

I picked up a driveline clutch as well. You can get them on ebay. I like the choice they gave you with the fiber plate. I have yet to install it. They are a bit more costly over the tusk.

I had a basket that was grooved causing the stock plates to stick ,filed the basket . Put Tusk plates in it filed the basket again, they lasted 10 min. Replaced the basket with a Hinson and new Tusk plates , fine.

I had a basket that was grooved causing the stock plates to stick ,filed the basket . Put Tusk plates in it filed the basket again, they lasted 10 min. Replaced the basket with a Hinson and new Tusk plates , fine.
How do you like the Hinson basket?

I never realized how pricey these clutch baskets could be! LOL

Worth every penny for the piece of mind it won't come undone as a worn cast one can, especially if your putting out any powa :)