Aftermarket Carburetor Cap and Idle Screw Install

Good write up....thank you!

I did this mod last week using the over-priced kit bought off of ebay. My kit came with a Vito's throttle cable and here's my recomendation if you use this same cable:

The 2 rubber dust protectors that come with the Vito's cable are really too small. So I used the stock dust protector from the thumb-throttle side of my old cable for the new cable's thumb-throttle side.

Next, discard the small dust protector that comes on the carburator-cap side of the new Vito's cable. Then take the bigger sized dust protector you removed from the thumb-throttle side of the new Vito's cable and swap it over to the carburator-cap side of this new cable.

Good luck!

bumbping this because I got my kit a few minutes ago (ups NEVER shows up to my house befor 6pm, EVER lol) and will probably have questions and I'm on my girlfriends pc so cant bookmark :)

What was the size of the drill bit and tap (thread pitch as well)?
Both should be marked with this info,
thx

bumbping this because I got my kit a few minutes ago (ups NEVER shows up to my house befor 6pm, EVER lol) and will probably have questions and I'm on my girlfriends pc so cant bookmark :)

Might want to give this thread a sticky...hint, hint. Glad to still see people being helped by this info!

nice write up plan on doing this when i get my blasty out of the shop along with ssome other mods
STICKY!!!

Bump for the month! Keepin' this where we can all see it.

stickied, sorry i missed that, should be in the engine/carb section too ?...checking into that now

edit: copied to carb subsection !