acceleration on higher gears !!

fxchris

Oct 20, 2010
Miami, Fl
hey guys ive notice something odd on my blaster latley . 1 thru 3 gears acceleration is fine but once u get to 4th and on its just like dead it like struggles in the beggining of the gear n then goes . i remember my stock blaster having better acceleration on the higher gears then this one. even though this one only has a 28mm carb . can it be my pilot jet? im running a 40 pilot and 155 main . i wana give a 45 or 48 pilot a try . what u guys think

your pilot only controlls gas flow at the very bottomend. i would think it would be your main or needle position.

most people think my pilot is kinda low thats y i was thinking it was that . imma try going up to 160 on the main then n see how it acts then . and whats the needle position ?

the needle that goes up and down inside the main jet. you have to take the needle out of the slide to change the setting. there should be five notches on the top of the needle and where you place the clip is how you adjust it at the top the main opens more slowly at the bottom it opens more quickly. sounds like you might need to move it down. is it bogging or starving for gas?

the needle that goes up and down inside the main jet. you have to take the needle out of the slide to change the setting. there should be five notches on the top of the needle and where you place the clip is how you adjust it at the top the main opens more slowly at the bottom it opens more quickly. sounds like you might need to move it down. is it bogging or starving for gas?

il give that a try after after i try the 160 main . n no it doesnt sounds like its bogging or starving for gas it just sounds like its struggling to go up on speed but whens it passes that part itll go .

the most likely reasons it is not going in that range is bc it is either starving for gas or it is getting too much gas. you need to do a plug chop. if you don't know what that is do a search on it. it takes a long time to explain exactly how to do it.

the most likely reasons it is not going in that range is bc it is either starving for gas or it is getting too much gas. you need to do a plug chop. if you don't know what that is do a search on it. it takes a long time to explain exactly how to do it.

ive tried a plug chop but its hard to tell . especially when ur using a brand new plug

what do you mean. that is how you are suppose to do it. with a new plug. if you aren't getting much color on the plug you are running way too lean and need a bigger main jet

yess i know ur supposed to use a new plug. but when i check of course its not brand new still but i cant really tell if its right or to rich .

it should be brand new when you check it. you ride to where you will test. change the plug. run up to top speed wide open throttle and then pull the clutch in, kill the engine and stop then take the plug out and look at it. it should be cardboard colored. the best way to tell is to cut all the threaded part off the plug with a hack saw.

il give it a try tomorrow . how about if u keep going up till its to rich that it kinda bog n then go down like 3 r 4 sizes ?

the only way to know for sure is to do a plug chop man. I know it's a pain but to really know that is the only way. I would start with a larger jet then see how it runs.